Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Volga Siber

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2014, 04:17 PM
Default Volga Siber

Ok...So look up Volga Siber...what does that car look like?

Old 01-06-2014, 07:20 PM

Like a ripped-off Sebring/Stratus, which it is.

What's this world coming to when we sell off our high technology to the Russkies? ;-)

Old 01-07-2014, 05:41 AM

YES! It looks like one. I too saw that we sold our technology to them...i guess they stopped making them shortly after they started.

Your right...we need to keep our technology for ourselfs.

I like the look of the Sebring and Stratus much better.

Old 01-11-2014, 03:06 AM

The Volga Siber was essentially a badge engineered Sebring sedan (Stratus as well, but it's cosmetically closer to the Sebring) with slight design differences (lights, grille) but it had the same interior. It was offered with the 2.0L and the 2.4L, and it was discontinued after three years of production. It's the same story with the Sebring convertible in Europe. It was badged a Chrysler Stratus and they threw the tiny motor in it.
BTW, here's a Siber. I actually really like the headlights.

Old 01-13-2014, 05:09 AM

I cant blame them for wanting a car that looks like that. Although I am rather suprised thaty the offerd it with no 6 cyl. engine. Same with the Enropean version which; I was not even aware they made a car like the Sebring/Stratus in Europe.

They are still a pretty sharp car...kinda wish they still made this body/interior style compared to the new style. Not to crazy abou the looks or interior of the newer Sbrings. The inside looks rather cheap.

Old 01-16-2014, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by Chrysler C-bring
I cant blame them for wanting a car that looks like that. Although I am rather suprised thaty the offerd it with no 6 cyl. engine. Same with the Enropean version which; I was not even aware they made a car like the Sebring/Stratus in Europe.

They are still a pretty sharp car...kinda wish they still made this body/interior style compared to the new style. Not to crazy abou the looks or interior of the newer Sbrings. The inside looks rather cheap.
Generally, American models released in Europe are only available with dinky little motors. When the Sebring convertible (first generation) was released in Europe it was ONLY available with the 2.0L from the Plymouth Breeze. It's a big heavy car for that tiny motor. The third gen Sebring (2007-2011) was a miserable car. The first generation Cirrus/Sebring convertible was a great car, the second generation was good but had its issues, and the third gen was just crap. The 200 is definitely fixing the mistakes of Daimler.

Old 02-02-2014, 09:26 AM

It's not a big deal. If you learn the history of USSR, you'll know they always tried to rip off american cars. For example GAZ-12 ZIM - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 02-02-2014, 10:58 PM

Not only cars. They totally ripped off the B-29, right down to the ashtrays:

Tupolev Tu-4 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 02-03-2014, 12:50 AM

It's sad that they screwed up. Inside Russia many people count that car as yet another Volga, considering it overpriced. That is what tottaly killed that project.
Still there is much suspection on simple cutoff&kickback scheme, so in that case they never thought of actually start production.