Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

what do i do

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2008, 05:05 PM
Default what do i do

I got a 300C around couple months ago. And I am sick and tired of cleaning the car like every week. So I decided to purchase a car cover from this website call carscover.com. But when I was gonna purchase it my friends were sayin that I should let the car sit there for little more so the paint can find there spots and won't ruin the paint job when i put on the cover. Do I really have to wait?

Old 09-17-2008, 09:28 PM
Default RE: what do i do

What do you mean by "so the paint can find there spots"?

Keep one thing in mind about a car cover. If there's dirt on the paint under the cover, the cover is going to be rubbing that dirt into the paint every time the wind shakes the cover any little bit. If you park in a windy spot, don't be disappointed if the paint gets sanded by the cover.

Old 11-03-2008, 04:10 PM

i don't understand what you mean by this (paint can find spots?) anyways, as stated the cover could scratch due to dirt being under there. i would highly consider washing and waxing (zymol maybe with multiple multiple coats) before putting a cover on.

Old 11-11-2008, 11:19 PM

It is hard work cleaning you car but when you get such a nice car you should definitely clean it each weekend and take it out for a nice ride!