Other Any other Chrysler within.

Cordoba Questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2014, 07:14 PM
Lightbulb Cordoba Questions

So, I just bought a Cordoba from a friend of mine, and it is in pretty rough shape. Here are two of the first questions I have:

First question: I want to delete the air filter box, but I'm cautious because there are a couple of vacuum lines coming out of it, the EGR line, and some wire harnesses running to some kind of electrical box of the right side of it. Can I delete the filter box without worrying about these? If not, how would I alter them in order to be able to delete the filter box?

Second question: I want to manually control the choke from inside the cabin, so I am going to run a cable from the choke to a **** in the cabin that I am going to install under the dash. Are there any major things I should know about this car before I attempt this?

Thanks in advance!!

Old 01-02-2015, 09:41 AM

This sounds like the Chrysler Lean Burn tech. You will need a new simple manual carb, a new distributor and ignition box. That box with all the wires is the computer. Your carb and distributor won't operate without it. Run a search in this forum regarding Lean Burn and you will see how it is done step by step. I retained mine in my 1989 Fifth. On the "It ain't broke--Don't jack with it." basis.