Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

Bypassing transponder key system

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 04:42 PM
Default Bypassing transponder key system

Hello,

I lostone of mymaster key for my Chrysler Sebring Lxi Coupe 2001. I still have one master key working and the valet key has been cut for a remote start controler bypass.So actually I only have one key to start thecar...but 2 working transponders (in the keys grey head).

I went to my local Chrysler dealer to buy new working keys...the car has been buy brand new there...they made a copy of my car registrations and driver liscence...for safety reason I guess...

10minutes waiting and they call me...omg...couldnt believe it...they told me there is nothing to do with my car and they cant get new keys...with my Vehicle identification number (VIN) they were able to get the key number...but not the procedure number to program new keys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They gave me a number and told me to call Chrysler Canada...damn I'm in a Chrysler dealer and they ask me to call Chrysler!!!!!!!!!!!!!I called Chrysler Canada...and of course why would they gave me a procedure number on the phone with just a VIN...I called back my local dealer...still waiting...

Now I still have 2 transponders working...is there anyway to glue one of them somewhere in the car so I can start the car with a regular key??????

Thanks.

Old 03-18-2008, 01:07 PM
Default RE: Bypassing transponder key system

Ok finally got the dealer answer...they called my car a "japanese" Sebring Coupe...in order to program new keys they have to change an electronic device in it...cost 335$...

Went to my electronic shop...they modified my auto-start bypass...it has my transponder in it(cutted valet key)...so now the car always think the "smart key" is in the ignition...now I can start the car with regular keys

PS : I wont tell that to my car insurance company