Chrysler 300, 300C & 300C SRT-8 The flagship of the Chrysler lineup offers the driver every bit of class of any European luxury sedan, combined with the availability of the Hemi, the engine which dominated the American Muscle Car Era

Auto-Dimming Rear-View Mirror

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2017, 10:10 PM
Default Auto-Dimming Rear-View Mirror

I purchased a 2010 Chrysler 300 Touring Signature edition yesterday. It's a beautiful car and I love it, but the auto-dimming rear-view mirror doesn't work and neither does the U-Connect voice control. Now, I've checked that none of the fuses are spent, so I think it's the mirror itself. The problem is, I'm not sure this mirror is the one that came stock with the car. This mirror is a GNTX-453 model ZTVHL3. It's auto-dimming with HomeLink and compass. What makes me think that this mirror doesn't belong with this car, is first off, the mirror's top edge is right up against the upper center console when installed and that doesn't seem normal. Secondly, this mirror's compass display also shows the outdoor temp, common on a lot of other vehicles, but this car shows the outdoor temp on the info panel in the cluster, why would it show it on the mirror as well? Thirdly, while Homelink was available on this model and year, if it was installed, it was installed in the upper center console not the mirror. And lastly, I've researched the U-Connect mirror with Microphones in them, and none of them have Homelink as well, so I'm thinking I need one of those, but all that I can find have either a 16-pin connector or one 10-pin connector and another 8-pin connector and I only have one 10-pin. So I guess my question is: What mirror am I looking for? Maybe the 10-pin connector isn't for the mirror at all, I don't know, but this is driving me nuts. Is there a U-connect mirror that has a 10-pin connector? Can anyone point me to some part numbers for the mirrors used by Chrysler during this model year? Thanks in advance.

Old 03-29-2017, 11:45 PM
Default Answered my own question

I was right in thinking this mirror that came with my 300 is not a Mopar mirror, I found a good site to look up parts that allows you to put in your VIN to make absolutely sure you get the correct part for your car and I provided a URL for that below and also the part for the specific mirror for my situation, in case anyone else needs.

factorymoparparts.net
Mirror Part No: 4806352AD Auto Dim w/Uconnect for Dodge Charger/Chrysler 300

Old 03-30-2017, 08:35 PM

Thanks for the info