Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2006 Theft alarm problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2013, 11:17 AM
Default 2006 Theft alarm problem

2006 Town & Country Touring, all the doors lock with the key fob but the theft alarm does not arm. The doors also lock with the driver and passenger door lock switch but the alarm does not arm. I know the alarm is not arming because the arming light on the instrument panel does not light at all and I've tested the doors with them locked and opened them via an open window and no alarm, also tried from inside the van with the windows up and no alarm. Any ideas?

Old 03-11-2013, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by jaynrae
2006 Town & Country Touring, all the doors lock with the key fob but the theft alarm does not arm. The doors also lock with the driver and passenger door lock switch but the alarm does not arm. I know the alarm is not arming because the arming light on the instrument panel does not light at all and I've tested the doors with them locked and opened them via an open window and no alarm, also tried from inside the van with the windows up and no alarm. Any ideas?
- you've had a flat battery or a new battery fitted - have you ?

Old 03-11-2013, 08:45 PM

well what would a battery change do to the alarm syaytem then, curious minds want to know.

Old 03-12-2013, 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by Hodges710
well what would a battery change do to the alarm system then, curious minds want to know.
- curious minds, and curious marriages
- marriages sometimes lead to separation and even divorce resulting in acrimony and refusing to work together
- divorcing a brain from a battery by can have the same effect, acrimonious divorce needs a priest capable of reconciliation

EEPROMS default to dumb essential basics........... now where did I put that priest !

Old 03-12-2013, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by QinteQ
- curious minds, and curious marriages
- marriages sometimes lead to separation and even divorce resulting in acrimony and refusing to work together
- divorcing a brain from a battery by can have the same effect, acrimonious divorce needs a priest capable of reconciliation

EEPROMS default to dumb essential basics........... now where did I put that priest !
yeah, this would of been good if you made sence about it. Anyone else

Old 03-12-2013, 03:36 PM

Yes, I have had a new battery installed recently.

Old 03-12-2013, 06:40 PM

Yes, I have had a new battery installed recently.
- you need to re-marry [sync] the keyfob and the vehicle again to provide protection
- see this thread here and ask more questions when you've read it

When your battery was totally flat or you replaced the car battery the previously harmoniously married KEYFOB and the car protection suffered an acrimonious divorce, so bad that they no longer trust each other or even talk to each other. You need a reconciliation between them.

This worked for me, it was permanent and I've had no problems since :

- take the NEG off the battery for whatever but at least a half hour
- replace the NEG on the battery
- turn the key to the start POS but do not START the engine
- - - the PUTER will read all BUS's and door locks, and do all checks, you will hear lots of clicks and checks
- when the checks stop lock and unlock the doors FROM the FOB / Remote several times
- - - this will re-marry the KEYFOB and the PUTER
- start the car, while it warms up re-set the missing settings from the radio, roof display electric seat adjustments etc
- stop the engine and lock in the usual way with the KEYFOB

NOTE01: Others have advised not to use the internal PANIC lock all doors feature if you have one, I confess I've never had a problem with this.

Last edited by QinteQ; 03-13-2013 at 06:39 PM. Reason: oooooooooooop's > insert the word remote ? American cousins!
Old 04-22-2013, 07:14 AM

Sounds like your fob needs to be re-programmed. You'd be surprised how easy it is for someone or something to wipe the memory of your key fob, rendering it useless. Same thing happened to my 300C one morning but I learnt it the hard way, was in a frantic rush to go to work and couldn't get int my car, I called on an emergency locksmith greenwich which I found in the directory and they came over instantly. They worked their magic and I managed to get in within 10 minutes of their arrival. Good job by them However, me being me, I had to change my locks because I'd like to have peace of mind.

Old 06-16-2021, 10:26 AM

I also have got alarm lock installed by locksmith dallas near me. It's working fine with the car and in future if any problem arises, will definitely call them again for lock related issues.