Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Actuator lock sliding door

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2012, 11:03 AM
Thumbs up Actuator lock sliding door

Hi, I have a 4 year old grand voyager. 2.8 d.The actuator on the o/s door lock has give up the ghost. so striped it down and found the motor is shot. I have looked round the board and found this link...[url=http://forum.chryslerminivan.net/forum.php?]
But my motor is different to this one in the pic. mine is the FC-280SC. not PT.
i mailed the guys where the OP got his from. I have a complete assembley for the sliding door. motor,the box,actuator,wiring loom,(for O/S inside door) which is the same as the pics shown. which isnt suitable for my car. So am still need to look round for a motor, incase these folk dont have one, Can anyone help me. sorry dont think the link works. but it was titled sliding door locks. JUST TO UPDATE..I have found the motor in the states. But on my motor there is a long worm screw on the shaft, I have tried heating the worm to cherry red, it just wont pull off, anyone? I think its silver soldier.

cheers Bill

Last edited by BillT; 10-07-2012 at 11:56 AM. Reason: link dont work
Old 11-10-2012, 07:51 AM
Default update lock on sliding door

found that the small worm gear in the actuater wasnt soldered, it is a push fit on the motor,found that the shaft on the motor is splined. i found new motors on the net in the states,But the shafts are not splined, so i aradite the worm on the shaft. so we will see if it does the job.

Old 11-10-2012, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by BillT
found that the small worm gear in the actuater wasnt soldered, it is a push fit on the motor,found that the shaft on the motor is splined. i found new motors on the net in the states,But the shafts are not splined, so i aradite the worm on the shaft. so we will see if it does the job.
Hundreds, see if you can find one in driving distance, or post~em~a~pic to make sure they send the correct part.