Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

2007 Chrysler Pacifica Noisy Door Lock Actuator

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2011, 11:13 AM
Smile 2007 Chrysler Pacifica Noisy Door Lock Actuator

Can one of you experts help??? My 2007 Chrysler Pacifica has recently began to make grinding noises when locking/unlocking power locks. The 2 sounds are distinctive, one for locking and a different one for unlocking. I fear it is most likely the door lock actuator. What is the least expensive solution??? Can the motor be replaced? Must I replace the entire assembly? Where can I purchase discounted parts? Will continuing to operate locks cause more extensive damage or damage another component? Your assistance will be greatly appreciated. Merry Christmas.

Old 12-20-2011, 02:42 PM

The Driver Door Module (DDM) and Passenger Door Module (PDM) locks or unlocks the doors when an actuation input signal from a door lock switch, Central Lock key cylinder (if equipped), or Remote Keyless Entry Module (RKE) is received. The DDM and PDM turn on the output drivers and provides a voltage level to the door lock motor for a specified time.

Any diagnosis of the power lock system should begin with the use of the scan tool.

Verify battery condition before testing door lock motor(s).

To determine which motor is faulty, check each individual door for electrical lock and unlock or disconnect the motor connectors one at a time, while operating the door lock switch. In the event that none of the motors work, the problem may be caused by a shorted motor or a faulty switch. Disconnecting the faulty motor will allow the others to work.

To test an individual door lock motor, disconnect the electrical connector from the motor. To lock the door, connect a fused 12 volt power source to the positive pin of the lock motor and a ground wire to the other pin. To unlock the door reverse the wire connections at the motor pin terminals. If these results are not obtained, replace the door latch.

DRIVER CYLINDER LOCK SWITCH
1. Visually inspect the switch for proper installation. Make sure it is seated on the rear of the key cylinder, with the tab of the door key cylinder properly aligned with the slot on the door cylinder lock switch.
2. Disconnect the switch at the harness connector and check the resistance in each switch position.

CAUTION: Do not disconnect the switch from the rear of the door key cylinder. This switch is a one time use switch. Once it is removed from the rear of the switch, it is not reusable and must be replaced. Test the switch at the harness connector.

DRIVER CYLINDER LOCK SWITCH RESISTANCE:
SWITCH POSITION --- RESISTANCE VALUE
COUNTERCLOCKWISE (UNLOCK) --- 750 OHMS
CLOCKWISE (LOCK) --- 1.8K OHMS

Old 01-08-2012, 12:25 AM

I have a 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee (of course a Chrysler product) and have had this problem with it seeing as I have almost 160,000 miles on it. If you are describing a "grinding" sound then it's a door lock motor which is replaced as an assembly ( at least on the Jeep, which I would assume is the same type mechanism being a Chrysler product). The go for just under 90 bucks for the Jeep at the dealer