Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power Rear Door Pops when Opening ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2013, 11:52 PM
Default Power Rear Door Pops when Opening ?

Ok so here is a New Issue for you all, I have a 2005 T&C Touring with Power Slider Doors, Power Rear Lift, 3 Way Heat A/C basically Loaded and I noticed Tonight (its about 28 F out with freezing Fog and has been this way since approx Jan 1st ish) That when I use the Power Lift when it gets to the Top (fully Open) the Gear Appears to attempt to open Farther then door will go and Pops off to Side and makes a Quite annoying Pop/Bang Sound. I do not ever remember it doing that Before and I cannot find an Adjustment on the linkage but did Figure out that if I push up on Door when it gets to the Top and Kinda Just barely Hold Pressure on it to Assist in Holding it Open the Power unit does not do the Loud Pop/Bang nor Looks like it is Kicking Kinda to the side.
My Concern is could the coldish weather be causing this issue (maybe something with the Oil Filled Support Strut/Shock things?
I cannot find anything in the manual about not using teh power Dorrs during cold weather but is this something I should not be doing? Should I be opening those manually until it warms up or is there possibly something else going awry here?
I have not noticed teh Side doors having any Ill effects from the weather, and Of course I would expect problems had we had rain recently and the doors were say frozen shut or so but that is not the issue.