Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Something a little difernt.

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2014, 08:51 AM
Default Something a little difernt.

Hi guys, I know most posts are issue related but I hoped it would be okay to post a few photos of what I've been up to with my 98 Grand Voyager (UK)

I've always been into hotrods and customs so when I bought my Grand Voyager 18 months ago I deccied then it wouldn't remain stock, but what to do?

So I began with Chrysler 300 wheels and a set of flowmatser mufflers and difernt lights, but wanted something more. So decided to go with paint. I'm not really into graphic so went with something a little more subtle. Hope you like.

Old 09-16-2014, 08:56 AM
Thumbs up

Sweet.

Was thinking same thing, what can i do to make minor cosmetic changes to mine. its a 4th gen 2001 model

Old 09-16-2014, 09:18 AM

Very nice, I like it .......................... a lot ....................... especially the lights, a 'smoggy' wants to know, did you mod the lights yourself or buy them like that ?

Old 09-16-2014, 11:07 AM

Me Like! Especially the "cow catcher" on the front bumper.
Since my last head tail crash I was thinking about such an addition

Old 09-16-2014, 03:23 PM

Me likeeeeeer

Old 09-17-2014, 04:51 AM

Originally Posted by QinteQ
Very nice, I like it .......................... a lot ....................... especially the lights, a 'smoggy' wants to know, did you mod the lights yourself or buy them like that ?
Thanks, Originally I was going to mod the originals however I was searching eBay for projectors and came across these complete units by Halo.

L R Black Halo LED Projector DRL Headlight Lamp Assembly 96 2000 Dodge Caravan | eBay

Old 09-17-2014, 04:55 AM

Originally Posted by Vmaxxer
Me Like! Especially the "cow catcher" on the front bumper.
Since my last head tail crash I was thinking about such an addition
Well these ones aren't that strong, they really just for mounting lights although I have seen the much heavier ones on eBay.

This however was found in a junkyard. I was visiting friends in Virginia and went along with their son to search for some stuff for his car. he's into the tuner stuff, and spotted these just hanging off the front of a 97 Voyager.

Old 09-17-2014, 05:23 AM

Thanks guys, its been a fun project and although there's a lot more things I could do, the whole plan was to keep the budget to about £300 ($500) with the headlights being the most expensive part and my one real indulgence. LOL!.

As I said above the headlights and the cow catch were sourced in the US. The small round lights are form Markro here in the UK. Wheels came from a local junk yard.

Paint is a generic black base with a gloss 2K clear. however, by mixing a 50/50 base and clear for the final coat you can achieve a nice satin finish.

For anyone in living in the US however, I'd suggest taking a look at dip your car products. https://www.dipyourcar.com/ They have some great finishes which I'd real have liked to try, but unfortunately, they can't ship to the UK and what is available here was way outside my budget.

Old 09-17-2014, 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by Vonhofinvule
Thanks, Originally I was going to mod the originals however I was searching eBay for projectors and came across these complete units by Halo.

L R Black Halo LED Projector DRL Headlight Lamp Assembly 96 2000 Dodge Caravan | eBay
Ta for that. I have looked several times over the last several years and none for my particular year[s], that's still the case now - unavailable as a 'ready-cooked' swap out, never mind yours look really good my friend.

Old 09-20-2014, 10:26 AM

Hi Vonhofinvule
Love what you`ve done very nice. Love the headlights. Just a question before I buy some myself, how readily available are the leds/bulbs in the U.K. ? Or is it worth buying a couple of spare sets from the U.S. ? ( I Have a 1999 2.5 TD Totally rebuilt 2 years ago ).

Quick Reply: Something a little difernt.