Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Voyager 2.5L crd se (diesel). No power to the glow plugs

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2013, 06:47 AM
Exclamation Voyager 2.5L crd se (diesel). No power to the glow plugs

Anyone having problems with no power to the glow plugs, ie no power to the input to the glow plug relay ( grey one in the front of the engine bay ). There is a fuse on the output of the + of the battery. Now these fuses are housed in a rubbery tube, I myself have never seen one of these before. ( then again I'm a nobody when it comes to cars). Any that is the fuse that I couldn't find as I was looking for a more common type of fuse holder. There is two wires in there I don't know what or where the other goes. As I said before these fuses are in a rubbery tube with the fuse wire inside of it and when it blows it should expose a pice of the wire or at lest mine did. Input to the glow plug relay is white and red wire, output to from relay yo the glow plugs is brown and orange. Someone on here might be able to give a better description of the fuse type and a name. If anyone has any Q's on this subject please pm me.

S66evl

Old 11-19-2013, 06:17 AM

Re. your in-line fuse, if it keeps blowing,
Four glow plugs will draw a pretty heavy current, so the fuse wire is going to be thick.
Possible that a glowplug is shorted, but I've never come across that, they always seem to go open-circuit.
You can test a glow plug yourself with an old headlight bulb wired so both filaments are in use or in parallel. I.e. 110watt loading.
Undo ALL the connectors to all four glowplugs, and connect your heavy-current test lamp from battery positive to each glowplug connector tip. They all should light the test-lamp equally. No-light means open circuit, just ONE glowplug brighter than the rest means a short. I only used Bosch glowplugs as replacement.

Leedsman.