Go Back   Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums > Chrysler Vehicles > Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to the Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Reply
 
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 01-14-2012, 10:18 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Florence, SC
Posts: 15
Default Where is the BCM on the 2010 Town and Country?

Having headlight problems. From what I've been reading, sounds like it could possibly be the BCM, but all the pictures and diagrams I've been able to find are from older models. Anyone know where it is on the 2010 model?
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on ChryslerForum!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-14-2012, 10:22 PM
TNtech's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 1,234
Default

The instrument cluster IS the BCM. It's called a CCN. Cabin Compartment Node. No common problems with CCN related to headlamps on a 2010. Don't relate ANY symptoms with your 2010 to any year before 2008 or after 2010. They changed a lot of things all over in 2011 models.
__________________
Chrysler-Jeep-Dodge Master Tech


DodgeForum.com Moderator
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-15-2012, 12:52 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: California
Posts: 620
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNtech View Post
The instrument cluster IS the BCM. It's called a CCN. Cabin Compartment Node. No common problems with CCN related to headlamps on a 2010. Don't relate ANY symptoms with your 2010 to any year before 2008 or after 2010. They changed a lot of things all over in 2011 models.
While we're talking changes, did the FCM go away too and did they integrate it into the IPM and call it the TIPM? Does the instrument cluster or should I say CCN self test still apply?

Last edited by Raptor 07; 01-15-2012 at 12:57 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-15-2012, 06:12 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Florence, SC
Posts: 15
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNtech View Post
The instrument cluster IS the BCM. It's called a CCN. Cabin Compartment Node. No common problems with CCN related to headlamps on a 2010. Don't relate ANY symptoms with your 2010 to any year before 2008 or after 2010. They changed a lot of things all over in 2011 models.
I understand. From what I've read, I thought things had changed somewhat from earlier models to the one I have. The symptoms sound very similar to problems the earlier models were having with the headlights though. The first time it happened, they went off on low beam I think. On high beam, one came on but not the other. Lately, both will quit working and playing with the headlight switch doesn't seem to help. The last time, they were out for two days. Went outside one morning and hit the unlock button on the key fob, and nothing. Once I cranked the car, they popped on. I can't duplicate it. Don't know what brings it on or what makes it go away. Any ideas at all as to what might be the problem? The fog lights still work by the way. My wife had to drive it home the other night with no headlights, but luckily she had the foglights.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-17-2012, 09:38 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: SW Pa
Posts: 18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davalt75 View Post
I understand. From what I've read, I thought things had changed somewhat from earlier models to the one I have. The symptoms sound very similar to problems the earlier models were having with the headlights though. The first time it happened, they went off on low beam I think. On high beam, one came on but not the other. Lately, both will quit working and playing with the headlight switch doesn't seem to help. The last time, they were out for two days. Went outside one morning and hit the unlock button on the key fob, and nothing. Once I cranked the car, they popped on. I can't duplicate it. Don't know what brings it on or what makes it go away. Any ideas at all as to what might be the problem? The fog lights still work by the way. My wife had to drive it home the other night with no headlights, but luckily she had the foglights.
Did the highs fail also??
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-17-2012, 09:38 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: SW Pa
Posts: 18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davalt75 View Post
I understand. From what I've read, I thought things had changed somewhat from earlier models to the one I have. The symptoms sound very similar to problems the earlier models were having with the headlights though. The first time it happened, they went off on low beam I think. On high beam, one came on but not the other. Lately, both will quit working and playing with the headlight switch doesn't seem to help. The last time, they were out for two days. Went outside one morning and hit the unlock button on the key fob, and nothing. Once I cranked the car, they popped on. I can't duplicate it. Don't know what brings it on or what makes it go away. Any ideas at all as to what might be the problem? The fog lights still work by the way. My wife had to drive it home the other night with no headlights, but luckily she had the foglights.
Did the highs fail also??
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-18-2012, 05:07 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Florence, SC
Posts: 15
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustydog View Post
Did the highs fail also??
Yes, both high and low beams. I talked with a Chrysler tech on another website that told me it sounded like a problem with the TIPM. He said he's seen several of these go bad and cause this problem, but not on one as new as mine. Local dealership said they had never heard of it. Find that kind of hard to believe after all I've been reading about it. Taking it in Monday for them to look at it.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-18-2012, 08:14 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: SW Pa
Posts: 18
Default

That's scarry. The last total lighting failure I had was when a 1959 Chevrolet firewall connector overheated. It was in the middle of the night on a dark 2 lane Virginia highway (early 60's).

Do you have HID or standard headlights?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-19-2012, 09:56 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Florence, SC
Posts: 15
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustydog View Post
That's scarry. The last total lighting failure I had was when a 1959 Chevrolet firewall connector overheated. It was in the middle of the night on a dark 2 lane Virginia highway (early 60's).

Do you have HID or standard headlights?
I have standard headlights. From what I've read, this is an ongoing problem with Chrysler minivans. I've read about problems with the Pacifica as well. It was a big problem with the 2005 models. They changed things around starting with the 2008 models. Haven't read anything about anyone having problems with a 2010Chrysler besides me. My luck I guess.
Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 09:56 AM
 
 
 
Reply



Tags
2008, bcm, body, cabin, chrysler, compartment, control, country, dodge, fog, lights, located, module, node, town, work

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Advertising

Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory
Our Sponsors
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:45 PM.

Internet Brands, Inc.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Emails Backup