Wondering if anyone could help me out with a couple of problem.

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2015, 12:26 AM
Unhappy Wondering if anyone could help me out with a couple of problem.

Hey, I have a 2000 Chrysler Cirrus LXi with the 2.5 V6 with some problems, after driving for a bit I'll turn on the AC (which only works on full bast) plus i have to put a toothpick or a very small folded up piece of paper towel to wedge into the top of the AC speed **** for it to work, then it seems when i use the AC (on full blast) this strange plastic smell pops up and can be smelt in the interior and in the engine bay, doesn't smell quite burnt, hard to explain I don't realize the smell when i just have the windows down it seems.

Other very worry-some issue is when accelerating from 1st to 2nd there is this strange jerk and then seems to shift normal into 3rd and overdrive normally, no noticeable issue when downshifting, and i am not sure if the shift times are even delayed/right due to me only have the car 2 days.

Some insight would be MOST APPRECIATED! And thanks in advance!

Old 06-30-2015, 12:36 AM

Also forgot to mention that, today i was leaving the post office and had the AC on (full blast) the serp belt started to screech and then made a sound similar to like when your going down the interstate and you go over the little bumps that are suppose to wake people up.

Old 07-24-2015, 11:45 AM

I had a 98 cirrus that did the same thing with the AC, no clue why.
Other than that I'd recommend a trans fluid and filter change, wouldn't hurt anything, and if the find any metal or heavy clutch sludge you'll know it needs work.