300M, Concorde, LHS, New Yorker Discuss the Chrysler LH platform cars within.

1989 New Yorker climate control issue

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2011, 11:08 AM
Default 1989 New Yorker climate control issue

I have an '89 New Yorker and have a problem with the ATC computer or the Power Vacuum Module. The ac starting working intermittently over the Summer...now the heat is doing the same thing. The ATC is lighting up and shows change when i press the different buttons ...i also hear clicking sounds at the PVM when i do hit the various buttons...but nothing else happens. Then, sometimes without warning. the system inexplicably works. I looked around for a loose ground wire or bad vacuum line, to no avail. I did a self-test on the ATC which came up with a code 6 and code 11. This leads me to believe that i should replace the ATC or PVM. I was hoping that someone might have the Hollander numbers for these...so when i go to the junkyard I have more selection to choose from. Thanks for any help given.
Oh, one other odd thing. If i unplug the harness at the ATC, the blower works fine at one high speed (it appears to be in heat mode) and will stay this way without cutting out for the duration of my trip. Similarly, if the ATC is plugged in but i unplug the PVM harness, i get the same result. I was thinking that it was the fan speed resister at first...but ruled that out because the fan speed does change when the unit intermittantly works with everything connected. At this point i just want to swap out the components so if anyone has the Hollander #'s that would be great.
Thanks

Old 11-23-2011, 01:11 PM

There are some remanufactured control units on eBay that I stumbled onto. I have a 95 New Yorker with intermittant wide open defrost heat or wacky A/C that quits from time to time. You might be able to pick up a replacement unit if that is your problem. I emailed the guy to see if he can help me with my problems. his email is info@fixmygauges.com if that helps. So far I have no feedback if they can help me or not. Good luck!