300M, Concorde, LHS, New Yorker Discuss the Chrysler LH platform cars within.

2002 Chrysler Concorde High Miles

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 06:46 AM
Default 2002 Chrysler Concorde High Miles

I thoroughly enjoy my 02 Concorde at 165,000 miles (road miles primarily). I change oil religiously every 2K miles. Rubber and rotate wheels as well. Had some front end work done about 20 K ago (because they advised). Question: Could you provide me with somesort of maintenance check-off list that would extend the longevity of this ride?

I read somewhere I should have a transmission flush or drop the pan for gaskets and such .. your thoughts please?

Is this model/year susceptible to anything I should watch for when miles get this high? With proper maintenance would I expect over 200K

Thanks for your time and expertise here. I appreciate.

Old 08-30-2010, 07:43 AM

Trans fluid should be changed every 50,000 dont forget the timing belt and water pump as they are interferience engines.

Old 11-28-2010, 01:10 AM

You're changing the oil a little sooner than you need to. I use full-synthetic Mobil-1 on mine and change it around 5,000 miles. I have 260K miles on a 94' The 3.5 is not prone to sludging and you can go at least 3,000 with no worries. If you had a 2.7, then I'd say you're wise changing it as often as you do. Also, a Mopar or Wix filter seems to have the best anti-drainback valve that will eliminate oil starvation in the first few seconds of a cold start.

I would also drain and refill the coolant every year. I wouldn't bother flushing the system with anything stronger than water unless it's been neglected for some time. My original radiator lasted over 200K, and I'm still on my original heater core following this.

Old 11-28-2010, 01:14 AM

You can expect to replace the tie rod ends several times in the lifetime of this car. Also, the front brake rotors are weak, and you may be up for a tranny rebuild soon.

Other than that, I've had far less trouble with my LH than any other car I've ever owned. And a lot less than my gf has had with her Honda with less miles.

Old 11-28-2010, 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by gn300
Trans fluid should be changed every 50,000 dont forget the timing belt and water pump as they are interferience engines.
Thanks for the advice! They say when you get in to hange the timing belt that it could be costly, due to labor and all. While in there would it be a good time to 'consider changing out or replacing' other?

Old 11-28-2010, 08:42 AM

Thanks for the advice! They say when you get in to hange the timing belt that it could be costly, due to labor and all. While in there would it be a good time to 'consider changing out or replacing' other?

Old 11-28-2010, 08:44 AM

Timing belt ,waterpump and idler should be changed at the same time.

Mine was changed when the idler seised .

Old 11-28-2010, 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by oblivion
You're changing the oil a little sooner than you need to. I use full-synthetic Mobil-1 on mine and change it around 5,000 miles. I have 260K miles on a 94' The 3.5 is not prone to sludging and you can go at least 3,000 with no worries. If you had a 2.7, then I'd say you're wise changing it as often as you do. Also, a Mopar or Wix filter seems to have the best anti-drainback valve that will eliminate oil starvation in the first few seconds of a cold start.

I would also drain and refill the coolant every year. I wouldn't bother flushing the system with anything stronger than water unless it's been neglected for some time. My original radiator lasted over 200K, and I'm still on my original heater core following this.
Thanks for the reply! I use a good premium motor oil (Pennzoil). Where would one go to get the full-synthetic Mobil-1 put in and also the Mopar filter? Would these 'stand-alone' oil changeout stations carry them? Would i purchase and tell them to use this oil?

Old 11-28-2010, 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by oblivion
You can expect to replace the tie rod ends several times in the lifetime of this car. Also, the front brake rotors are weak, and you may be up for a tranny rebuild soon.

Other than that, I've had far less trouble with my LH than any other car I've ever owned. And a lot less than my gf has had with her Honda with less miles.

Brakes, tie rod checks and tires are next.

Old 11-28-2010, 08:52 AM

Brakes, tie rod checks and tires are next. What would one expect to pay for brakes and tie rods?, withstanding the tires of course. thanks again

Quick Reply: 2002 Chrysler Concorde High Miles