300M, Concorde, LHS, New Yorker Discuss the Chrysler LH platform cars within.

2002 Chrysler Concorde High Miles

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2010, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by jatwood0622
Thanks for the reply! I use a good premium motor oil (Pennzoil). Where would one go to get the full-synthetic Mobil-1 put in and also the Mopar filter? Would these 'stand-alone' oil changeout stations carry them? Would i purchase and tell them to use this oil?
It's doubtful that the 'stand alone' oil change stations would have it, but they might have another full-synthetic brand. You will pay a premium for it there vs. doing it yourself, and the filters they use are typically the cheapest crap they can buy in bulk.

I would stay away from "Iffy Lube" (Jiffy Lube) type places. The guys that work there are NOT mechanics. They are typically the same folks that you'd find across the street at Burger King, and probably with less training than BK would give them. They are more about selling you services you don't need than attentive auto service. I've heard so many horror stories about oil not added after a change, cracked oil pans/stripped drain plugs, transmission fluid drained instead of oil, and other incompetent/bonehead maneuvers. I had two screwups in a row at one I used to patronize when I was younger and swore to never go back.

I'd find a decent, honest, independent shop that will use what you want or do your own oil changes. You should be able to find Mobil-1 and a Mopar, Wix, Purolator, or other decent filter (not Fram) at most auto parts stores, or maybe even Wal-Mart. (though I hate to give them my money) An honest, competent mechanic is a true gem to find these days, so if you find one, pass the word to those you know.