300M, Concorde, LHS, New Yorker Discuss the Chrysler LH platform cars within.

factory alarm system question

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2006, 03:54 PM
Default factory alarm system question

I have 1991 Chrysler New Yorker(3.3) with a factory alarm system. The alrm is armed and cannot start the car. I've tried diconnecting the battery and that does not help. When you try to start the car it cranks, and sometimes it will start for about two seconds. When in the car, there's a dash light stating the alarm is armed. I do have a key fab that doesn't work. And yes, I have tried the key in the doors, but that doesnt disarm the alarm. Can anybody give me any ideas on to disarm this factory alarm? I hate to junk the car it only has 42,000 original miles on it. I would appreciate any help.

scott

Old 05-17-2007, 10:47 PM
Default RE: factory alarm system question

I have the same problem on my 1992 new yorkerfifth ave.

The guy that sold me the car said to disable the alarm you have to unlock the passenger side and not the drivers so I've been doing that

then I disconnected my battery the other day and now when I start the car the engine doens't go and the alarm goes into action again
I can't fix this problem

Old 05-19-2007, 10:04 AM

on my 93 fifth avenue, if I unlock the driver's side first, the alarm goes off. If I unlock the passenger's side door FIRST WITH the key, I don't have a problem. the previous owner said the same thing. Once I have the passenger's side opened, then I use the door unlock button on the passenger side to let me in.

Old 07-27-2007, 12:17 PM

have you tried locking & unlocking the doors with the key - and NOT the door lock button ? You
MUST unlock the PASSENGER door FIRST !! Good Luck !!

Old 06-01-2011, 06:50 PM

Hello to the Chrysler Forums! I came across this thread because I am having the exact same problem with the alarm system in my 1990 Chrysler New Yorker (3.3) above. It cranks, and sometimes it will start for about two seconds, but dies immediately. When in the car, there's a dash light stating the alarm is armed. I know this is an old thread, but I will post here because it already has all the information in it.

The car will not start, because the alarm system has it shut down somehow. I've tried all of the solutions above, and more, but none of them work. I have tried disconnecting the battery, unlocking the passenger side door (along with the driver's) repeatedly, and everything else I can think of. The previous owner also told me that there was a way to disarm it by unlocking the passenger door, but I can never get that to work.

I'm hoping that someone here will be able to help me. I have got to get this fixed. Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Old 06-03-2014, 04:22 PM

Most everyone seems to want to fix the anti theft alarm system.... I just want to know how to disconnect, disengage the system and have a vehicle that works like most all other vehicles. No security system. I have pulled the 21 pin security alarm connection and it doesn't start at all.