300M, Concorde, LHS, New Yorker Discuss the Chrysler LH platform cars within.

I have been having a really weird problem with my chrysler

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 06:53 AM
Default I have been having a really weird problem with my chrysler

I have a 99 300M 3.5L, and Yesterday I was driving, and all of a sudden I got a Oil light and the car stalled. I tried starting it again, but to no luck..... There is oil, so the engine didn't seize because of an oil issue, and I got it towed to my house and tried to start it, it does crank so I don't think its my starter, and I do get ignition, because I sprayed starter fluid through the air box, and it would start then stall about again.... Any suggestions to what it could be?

Old 06-29-2009, 03:02 PM
Super Moderator

fuel issue see if u hear the fuel pump work when u cycle the key u can hear it in the back if it comes on. U did half the hard work already hehe

Old 06-29-2009, 03:56 PM

I can hear the Fuel Pump, but I checked the computer codes using the ignition self test and it gave me P1684.... I think that is a Battery code, what exactly does that mean, because I changed my battery maybe 8 months ago, and I don't think it would go bad. Also, what else should I check in the fuel system?

Last edited by donnyohs; 06-29-2009 at 04:29 PM.
Old 06-29-2009, 10:18 PM
Super Moderator

its just a battery disconnect code means nothing.

U could have a bad pump not pumping fuel to the rail spray carb or starting fluid into the intake see if U can keep it running of get a fuel pressure gauge and measure the pressure U want 45 to 55 at the rail.

Old 06-30-2009, 04:30 PM

Where do I hook up the Fuel pressure gauge, and how do I get to it.... In trying to find out what was wrong I found another problem, somehow I had a broken spark plug..... I replaced all my spark plugs so I know its not an spark problem..... and I sprayed starter fluid into the intake and it wouldn't start.....

Old 07-01-2009, 11:57 AM
Super Moderator

"I sprayed starter fluid through the air box, and it would start then stall about again."
what changed???
on the fuel rail there will be a green quick disconnect clip that clips the rail to teh fuel line there U will check fuel pressure with a setup that allows the fuel to pass through and with the gauge u can see what pressure U get. That tool might be kinda expensive for u to get The setup I got was 300 bucks.

Old 07-01-2009, 05:11 PM

How do I get the engine cover off, because I removed the six center bolts, and couldn't get it off and was wondering what else I should remove, because I don't want to take something off that doesn't have to be removed...... Also at first, I thought it started, then stalled.... but after I posted it on the forum, I realized it didn't start at all... Do you know if their are any part stores that let you rent the fuel pressure gauge?

Old 07-02-2009, 06:23 AM
Super Moderator

there is no engine cover. are u trying to take off the intake? the port that U are looking for is behind the intake not under it.

Old 07-02-2009, 05:17 PM

I rented a Fuel Pressure Gauge and the pressure was 49 at the rail..... I also asked a mechanic friend and he said that I should try to replace the crank and cam sensors, and that didn't work.... any other ideas to what could be bad?

Last edited by donnyohs; 07-02-2009 at 09:28 PM.
Old 07-03-2009, 07:58 AM
Super Moderator

check for spark now

Quick Reply: I have been having a really weird problem with my chrysler