300M, Concorde, LHS, New Yorker Discuss the Chrysler LH platform cars within.

O2 sensor brands and cost...

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2011, 07:04 PM
Default O2 sensor brands and cost...

Hello, I have a 2004 Concorde with the 2.7 liter engine. I need a couple of o2 sensors (downstream), and I don't know much about them. It seems as though Denso is the brand of choice, what makes them different or better? What is the price range for the cheaper to more expensive o2 sensors?

Old 10-20-2011, 09:11 PM
Super Moderator

do your own research for how much one costs U are asking some one to do about 30 min worth of work for you.

Old 10-20-2011, 09:59 PM

Alright, maybe I should explain a little further. I have done my research, and have come up with anything from $26 to $105. I have recently moved and am looking for a new, trustworthy mechanic. He just called me today and told me what I need, which is 2 new o2 sensors downstream of the converters. I was somewhat familiar with these and expecting them to cost about $90 each, but when I told him that, he said, "I don't know where you get your o2 sensors, but I don't buy cheap stuff". I respect where he is coming from, but I can't find an o2 sensor for more than $105, and I just want to be prepared for the price he gives me tomorrow and able to justify it without feeling like i've been taken advantage of.

I was hoping to get an experts opinion on what the price range for this specific part was, so hopefully by describing my situation in a little more detail will show that I am not asking this question out of lazyness, because I have done some research, but I am just trying to get a second, and professional opinion on the situation to justify the research.

Old 10-21-2011, 03:22 PM
Super Moderator

just get a denso or factory 02 sensor or u will get more codes after u install it.
Price for a part is irrelevant to the quality of it working with a system.

Plus price on anything like GAS is different en every state and town across America.

Old 10-21-2011, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by chrycon
Alright, maybe I should explain a little further. I have done my research, and have come up with anything from $26 to $105. I have recently moved and am looking for a new, trustworthy mechanic. He just called me today and told me what I need, which is 2 new o2 sensors downstream of the converters.
Why did he say you needed TWO of them?

Old 10-27-2011, 04:31 PM

I have used many brands of sensors both personally & prefesionally over the years. Denso in my opinion is one of the best brands going. Denso has been factory issue for decades in japanese cars fro everything from spark plugs, fuel pumps, sensors & a/c pumps etc, and I have yet to instal one of their products that failed prematurely. There is a lot of hype around bosch but I have had horrible luck with their stuff. I wont use anything from them or airtex. Prices vary, but ebay may have some options for you.