300M, Concorde, LHS, New Yorker Discuss the Chrysler LH platform cars within.

re; horn blowing and lights blinking after using auto., door locks

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2007, 09:09 PM
Default re; horn blowing and lights blinking after using auto., door locks

hi there;
i have had trouble with my electricla system on my 1995 chrysler lhs... i have not used the keyless pad for my doors as it always blows another fuse. a friend used it friday and now when i go to turn the car on the lights go off and the horn blows, i have tried everything, fuses, battery etc.. its almost like it is frozen as its minus 30 weather.

how the heck would i disconeect the keyless thing and where is the assembly? under the hood or in the dash? the car starts but will not keep going until this is fixed, the same happened last winter and its fixed itsself......

please help, i just put over 1000. intoit last week and now this!

Old 01-23-2007, 07:56 PM
Default RE: re; horn blowing and lights blinking after using auto., door locks

CAN ANYONE HELP??

CHANGED THE RELAYS TODAY, LOCKED AND UNLOCKS ALL DOORS MANUALLY AND DID ALL 6 PLUGS PUT MORE GAS IN IT AND CHARGED THE BATTERY AS WELL.
ITS TURNING OVER AND STARTING BUT AFTER A FEW SECONDS WILL STOP.. THE LIGHTS AND HORN ARE STILL GOING... IF I TAKE THE LIGHT AND HORN FUSES OUT THE HORN STOPS BUT THE LIGHTS STILL GO.

I EVEN PUT NEW BATTERIES IN MY KEYPAD.CONTROL FOR THE AUTOMATIC DOOR OPENER AND I KNOW TIS IS THE PROBLEM AS IT HAS HAPPENED MANY TIMES..... ONLY THIS TIME THE PAD WILL NOT WORK. ITS ALMOST LIKE SOMETHING IS FROZEN...WE HAD RAIN ONE DAY AND THE FOLLOWING MINUS 25 WEATHER.....

IT IS DEFINITLY THE AUTOMATIC DOOR LOCKS FOR SURE!

PLEASE HELP.

Old 01-23-2007, 11:12 PM
Super Moderator

sounds liek teh alarm is your prob get a new remote or have the one tested to see if it works then have it programed it will turn off the alarm. Try turning the key in the door to lock then unlock in both doors and trunk there should be a key swtch in one of them

Old 01-25-2007, 01:03 PM

Found the problem..... there was a fuse and a relay out plus the batteries for the remote were changed as well.... I played around with the remote and the horn went off and the lights are off now and the car is starting no problem.
I want to get rid of this electric door locks..... HOW can I disconnect it? I took the panel off the door and only found wires for the power mirrors the door locks and the door light, nothing for the power thinggy.... would it be the same wires for the door locks??? And which one would I remove the red???

My heat is coming out but the blower motor must be gone.... i can feel heat but its not blowing, would being low in coolant have something to do with this???

Thak you for your reply...

Old 01-25-2007, 03:38 PM
Super Moderator

your door locks donr cause the car not to start. The auto u are talking about is remote door locks i take it? Where u press a button and the door locks unlock or lock? More info for the heat prob can feel heat from where is the blower motor not moving?? all settings not blowing?? low coolant would be a NO HEAT.

Old 01-27-2007, 04:36 PM

THE HEATER STARTED IT WAS FROZEN I ASSUME AS ONCE THE CAR WAS RUNNING FOR 3 HOURS SHE STARTED RIGHT UP! LIKELY AND POSITIVE THAT THERE ARE SOME MAJOR ELECTRICAL ISSUES WITH THIS CAR!

ALL IS WELL FOR NOW, THANKFULLY,KNOCK ON WOOD!

REBECCA