Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

Newb with a question

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2011, 06:07 AM
Default Newb with a question

Hey everyone, I posted this in the T&C area, but no responses. Can someone help me out with this?

I just bought a 06 T&C for the fam and I have a question about getting maps for the NAV system. I am in the military stationed in Italy, and I need to get the European maps in order for my NAV to work here. I've talked to the newcar sales people on base, Chrysler, MOPAR, Alpine and no one seems to know what I can do in order to get these maps. I contacted the company that makes the map DVDs and the guy couldn't fathom that I have a US spec van in Europe. Long story short, it comes down to the maps being region 2 coded, but the system is region 1. You would think it would be a simple operation of burning the maps to a new disc and formatting it to region 1, however that seems a bit too difficult for these guys. Any suggestions or insight...or has anyone actually pulled this off??? Thanks guys!

Old 12-06-2011, 11:56 AM

Well, finally got an answer to this problem. It is as easy as I thought (burn the software to a region 1 disc), however no one will do it so my nav will never work while I'm overseas. It's some sort of liscensing and import/export issue. Basically, this prevents europeans from buying the cheaper US spec vehicle (because of the exchange rates), paying what ever taxes are needed, buying the europe nav software, and coming out with a smokin' deal on a new car. Unfortunately, US military personnel are screwed by these policies. We're such a small population that the powers that be can't be bothered with figuring this one out.