Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

Newbie with a mygig TV question.

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2011, 06:38 AM
Default Newbie with a mygig TV question.

Good morning,

I have a 08 T&C Touring with every option. I have a new Evo 3D Android phone that I have the Dish Network TV app running. I have the "Sling" adapter running on my home network and can watch Live TV most anywhere I can get a 3G Sprint signal.

My question is:

How can I feed the signal from my phone into the "mygig" system and watch live TV on my 3 TV's while on the road? I'm guessing the USB ports on both the phone and dash would be the way, but have no idea what the settings would be. I'm not using a LockPick and don't watch TV while driving...I mean my passengers.

Thanks for any replies.

COCONUTS

Old 12-27-2011, 04:24 PM

I'm afraid you won't be able to stream video down the USB, as MyGig system uses this port just to copy files, not even playing files. Only option is AUX video input and if you want to watch video on the move- lockpick.

ddff_lv

Old 12-28-2011, 09:23 AM

So you are referring to the "AUX" that is part of my gaming setup by the drivers side 2nd row? I have mini USB coming out of my phone now.

Wht type of connectors would I need to make this happen?

I thought I could stream mp3 off my thumb drive through the USB port on the dash, but maybe I'm dreaming that. I have my wifes Honda set up that way using the thumb drive as I just changed her music files to a new 200 albums just the other day for her.

Thanks for the reply.

Old 12-28-2011, 02:12 PM

Well, I drive Sebring 2007 and it's equipped with MyGIG REW system, it has most recent FW version and so far no ability to stream audio and/or video thru USB. I'm not sure what system you have in your T&C, but I've been checking all news on MyGIG systems and never heard of this funcionality to be implemented. This system is a little bit old fashioned- it doesn't allow to sort content after it's copied to HDD, no possibility to copy from HDD to USB, no direct playback from USB (too bad). In your situation I'd look for possibility to get plain A/V output from your device- not sure if your phone has such option, I know iPhone does. If there's a way to get video out, you can use cable from these lads: MYGIG LOCKPICK - scroll down to multimedia harness.

ddff_lv

Old 03-03-2012, 01:41 PM

I plugged my iPhone 4 into an adapter and plugged it into the gaming inputs in the second row of my 08 Aspen and the sound came through fine but no video. Any ideas? Are you setting the resolution to something specific? You mentioned lock pick tell me more. I want to be able to input nav addresses and such while moving and for video to be able to play on the front screen while in motion. Any help is appriciated.

Old 03-05-2012, 01:44 AM

Do you have VES system installed in your Aspen from factory or it was set up later? Theoretically it should play audio and video for rear seats in any situation. I haven't this option into my car, so no chance to try.
Regarding lock pick, into my previous post is a link - MYGIG LOCKPICK that explains basic principles and features.

Old 03-05-2012, 06:07 AM

Mine is OEM and works perfectly with a DVD and radio through all the speakers or letting one thing play through the headsets and another through the sound system but when plugging an iPhone in to the game inputs in the second row no video shows just sound plays. The question about the lock pick was in regards to in motion nav adjustments and dvd playing in motion on the front screen. Thanks for you link will check it out.

Sorry for hijacking the thread.

Old 11-02-2012, 05:22 AM

I'm afraid you won't be able to stream video down the USB, as MyGig system uses this port just to copy files, not even playing files.

Old 11-05-2012, 03:32 AM

I want to be able to input nav addresses and such while moving and for video to be able to play on the front screen while in motion.