Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

Should I buy PAC IPAC-CHY

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2010, 05:57 AM
Default Should I buy PAC IPAC-CHY

While searching some new stuff to upgrade audio system, I stumbled across PAC IPAC-CHY iPod adapter at Best Buy and planning to buy it. But. Before any purchase I want to know does IPAC-CHY allow things like Pandora and Simplify to play through the connector. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Any input will be appreciated.

Old 02-04-2010, 12:09 AM

Compatibility Notes
  • Compatible with REC, RAQ and RAK radio models. Not compatible with REF radio models.The model number is indicated on the face of the radio.
  • If the vehicle is equipped with a rear seat entertainment system (RSE), it must be disconnected. The audio from the RSE will no longer play through the factory radio*, but the video and wireless headphones will still function normally. *If you are an experienced installer you can retain the RSE audio, please see the Tech Brief section to the right..
  • RSE does NOT operate in retained accessory power (RAP) mode. The radio will automatically switch from the iPAC-CHY to tuner mode during RAP.
Product Description
  • iPodŽ/iPhoneŽ interface for Chrysler vehicles. Connects directly into the radio's CD changer port for best sound quality. Allows iPodŽ/iPhoneŽ track control like a CD player from the factory radio buttons

Product Features
  • Plug-and-play installation maintains factory wiring integrity
  • iPodŽ/iPhoneŽ track-forward/track-back control through the factory radio
  • Auxiliary audio input for a second source
  • Supports 5v battery charging for the iPodŽ/iPhoneŽ
  • Retains iPodŽ click wheel functionality

Old 02-10-2010, 05:30 PM

Dont know about that interface but
this usa spec unit works with all ipods and new iphone, also works with pandora and lets the stering controls move to the next song

interface

Old 09-28-2010, 06:59 AM

I bought this product and installed it myself, with no tools needed besides a regular phillips screwdriver. It looks nice and polished, and it doesn't clutter up the dash with lots of cables. The audio performance is much better than FM adapters.

Old 09-30-2010, 09:42 AM

for 126 bux you may as well spend some more and buy a new head unit and get wayy better sound and features.

Old 10-02-2010, 09:42 AM

I bought this product, install it and another does not require a regular Phillips screwdriver tools themselves. It looks nice, polished, it does not interfere with a large number of cables and sprint. Better audio performance than FM adapters.