Brand News, Concepts & Rumors Heard you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in and read the latest from Chrysler.

2006 Mopar Performance Drifting Info

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2006, 01:32 PM
Administrator
Default 2006 Mopar Performance Drifting Info

2006 Mopar Performance Drifting Info

Center Line, Mich. — Samuel Hubinette will kickoff his Formula Drift Series season in 2006 with a brand new look. The “Crazy Swede” is set to switch to a Hemi-powered Mopar Dodge Charger in the season-opening event at Long Beach, Calif., in April. Hubinette, who notched the inaugural Formula Drift Series championship in 2004, posted a runner-up finish in 2005 drifting an SRT10 Dodge Viper.

Hubinette’s new Mopar Dodge Charger was unveiled during the Mopar press conference at the SEMA trade show in Las Vegas last November. Hubinette will campaign the Charger for Shaun Carlson and his NuFormz Racing team. Carlson, who maintained the Mopar Viper Competition Coupe that Hubinette piloted to the 2004 championship, will also serve as Hubinette’s crew chief.

“I think it was time for a change, and I’m really looking forward to taking the wheel of the Mopar Dodge Charger in 2006,” Hubinette said. “Mopar and SRT in Detroit had been working hard to prepare the car before Shaun Carlson got his hands on it, and his team at NuFormz Racing has really impressed me with what they’ve done. I haven’t been disappointed so far. The thing has got power!”

Hubinette contended for the 2005 Formula Drift championship until the final event, and ranked only 40 points behind the champion in his runner-up finish. He scored two wins in 2005 at Atlanta and Chicago.

See the new car at http://www.mopardrift.com and see all about the outgoing Viper by going to http://mopar.com/speed/index.html