Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

**HELP** with front end noise

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2011, 02:13 PM

did the issue get resolved? or u still have the issue?
I have the same problem....a rattling noise on Bumps, or if car manouveres on a not so levelled road...it is intermittant though...i got this used car from Toyota Dealer...so he looked it and said that tie rods, struts look ok....he then pointed to the TSB u had discussed....since the tsb did not work for u...so was wondering if the issues was eventually resolved or not?

also wht is the cost of execution of TSB normally....please guide....really need ur help

Kanu

Old 08-20-2011, 11:41 PM

clunk in, clunk out!

Old 12-23-2011, 06:59 PM

I have a 99 Sebring, and have awful clunking going on up front but still drive it because I love this car. So here it go's when I'm driving the car its quiet, but when I get to work I back into the parking spot, when I leave and turn the steering wheel it makes a cracking and crunching sound that is quite haunting, but once I get driving it go's away. I've been told all kinds of things it could be: The whole strut assembly,spring on strut binds and makes the bang noise. Axles, where shaft go's through hub it gets rusty and or nut is loose, lower ball joints, mine has no grease fittings, flanges or brackets that hold rack-n-pinion and on and on, it would be nice if you could strap yourself to the bottom of car with a set of mechanics stethoscopes, but that would be dangerous right. If this sounds like a problem you out there are having I know I'd like some more in put.

Old 09-11-2013, 10:35 AM
Default Front End Knocking Sound

I have a 2007 Sebring and have a knocking sound which seems to be from driver side front end. I can also feel this in the steering wheel as I'm driving. The strange part is that when I first start driving the car each day it is fine, but after 10 - 15 minutes the knocking seems to gradually get worse. I had read other posts but can't come to a conclusion on which repair seemed to fix this problem. Can someone with a similar situation or expertise on this matter please help?

Old 09-12-2013, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by mrbiscuit1980
I have a 2007 Sebring and have a knocking sound which seems to be from driver side front end. I can also feel this in the steering wheel as I'm driving. The strange part is that when I first start driving the car each day it is fine, but after 10 - 15 minutes the knocking seems to gradually get worse. I had read other posts but can't come to a conclusion on which repair seemed to fix this problem. Can someone with a similar situation or expertise on this matter please help?
I had a similar problem, as per description, it got resolved by change of tierod. One thing that really helped me identify root cause in this case was - in case car was stationary (engine off), on pushing/pressing down and releasing/relieving driver side bonnet right (smwht like testing shockers/struts on car), right above front driver wheel, imitated the noise every now and then on a driving car. Later I realized that my mechanic was not able to find any problem initially; because tierod was pretty firm if you move it left to right (he tried that by moving under the car and shaking tierod left to right, you may want to see how tierod is connected to wheel for understanding). The problem in my case was tierod's joint wheel was shaky, hence the up and down movement caused the noise.
Hope this helps.

Old 09-19-2013, 01:05 PM

Agree with alot of what Kanu says. Certainly sounds like a tie rod / ball joint noise. Possibly even stabilizer bar links.

Old 08-19-2014, 08:55 PM
Default Need help

I have a 2004 Chrysler Sebring touring sedan. I have a clicking noise with the slightest touch of the steering wheel. Also I have a grinding noise when the steering wheel is turned completely to the left. I have replaced strut assemblies,upper and lower control arms, tie rod ends, driver side cv joint, sway bar links. I'm running out of $ and options with this car can someone please lend me some information?

Old 08-20-2014, 02:45 PM

Thats a bummer man I hope it gets resolved soon!

Old 08-20-2014, 03:26 PM

I once had weird noises from my Mercury Sable like that. Turned out to be an inner tie rod. Whether that's your problem, I have no idea.