Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

01 sebring wont start

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2010, 03:02 PM
Default 01 sebring wont start

my dd is a 01 chrysler sebring. 100k on the clock. it was running great until one day it just cut off while i was driving. now it wont start. ive narrowed it to be a fuel problem. i changed the fuel pump, still got nothing. so i took the intake off to see if the injectors were firing. well only two injectors are firing. #2 an #6.. so i changed all the injectors, same thing, only the two would fire. so than i changed the wiring around, example, i took the wire from 6 an put it on 1,3,5 an 4 an than they fired. so i figured well maybe my wire harness is shot. went and got another wire harness. well same thing only two injectors fire an if you switch the wire around they all fire..
im stumped i need help
ps this car does not have a fuel filter so its not that.
please and thank you

Old 09-19-2010, 08:40 PM

Not trying to be rude but you should have paid a technician a diagnostic fee. It looks like you've already spent 5 times over that throwing parts at it. You're in over your head. PCM injector drivers may be faulty then again your ditributor could be bad.

Old 09-19-2010, 08:56 PM

not trying to be rude, but i havent spent any money on parts. i get most of them for free. also im not paying anyone to fix this car. that being said a distributor wouldnt have anything to do with the injectors would it?? and what is a pcm injector driver??

thank you

Old 09-19-2010, 11:30 PM
Super Moderator

if U dont know what in injector driver is then give it up no one on here has time to teach u electronics 101

all cars have a fuel filter of some sort now if its built into the fuel pump or a separate serviceable one they still have one.

What engine size do u have?

Old 09-20-2010, 07:28 AM

i dont consider that electronics 101. i work on 3000gts an stealths all day long an they dont have injector drivers

im not looking for a bunch of smartass answers.

how do i change these injector drivers??

the car only has a filter on the pump it was changed.

its the 2.7 engine

Old 09-20-2010, 11:36 AM
Super Moderator

a 3000 gts does have an injector driver all fuel injected cars have them electronics 101 here I go gonna do what I said I was not a driver is either a low side or high side driver controlled by a computer. Chrysler fuel injectors are low side which means there is power to them all the time via ASD relay and the pcm controls the ground by pulsing them for the amount of time needed to keep them open for what ever mili seconds the car needs. a High side driver is just the opposite ground is there all the time and the power is pulsed or turned on as needed.

so tell me again that a Stealth does not have injector drivers.

Old 09-20-2010, 06:39 PM

there injectors are driven by the ecu an cas and are not referred to as drivers

just tell me how to change the driver on the sebring please

Old 09-20-2010, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by leggomieggo10
my dd is a 01 chrysler sebring. 100k on the clock. it was running great until one day it just cut off while i was driving. now it wont start. ive narrowed it to be a fuel problem. i changed the fuel pump, still got nothing. so i took the intake off to see if the injectors were firing. well only two injectors are firing. #2 an #6.. so i changed all the injectors, same thing, only the two would fire. so than i changed the wiring around, example, i took the wire from 6 an put it on 1,3,5 an 4 an than they fired. so i figured well maybe my wire harness is shot. went and got another wire harness. well same thing only two injectors fire an if you switch the wire around they all fire..
im stumped i need help
ps this car does not have a fuel filter so its not that.
please and thank you
OK, I thought since you mentioned a Spark Plug Wire in your first post you had a 2.5 in a coupe....because 2.7 doesn't have wires. Please start over with your story.

Last edited by TNtech; 09-20-2010 at 07:30 PM.
Old 09-20-2010, 09:03 PM

Any codes?

Old 09-20-2010, 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by TNtech
OK, I thought since you mentioned a Spark Plug Wire in your first post you had a 2.5 in a coupe....because 2.7 doesn't have wires. Please start over with your story.
i never said anything of spark plugs, please re read the post.

no codes at all

Quick Reply: 01 sebring wont start