Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

02 Sebring won't start (no power)

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 11:32 AM
Default The fuse

same thing happen to me to 2012 march 27.. my sister needed to use my car 8am, she got in and turn the key.. nothing.. everything was off.. radio, clock, dash, even try to jump start... first thing i did when got in the house was come to this page.. read what everyone said a bout number 8 fuse... that was my problem!!! i pulled out and it was blown.. there was only one car at the house, cold outside with no way of getting to the store, i then sat inside the car and opened the fuse box by the drivers door.. looked and pulled A20 from the daylight light fuse, you know the fuse for the front lights to turn on when u true your key.. switched it, then waaa laa.. it start right up like always... then i drove to "clarks auto" in CA, Lakewood to buy a fuse.. everything was back to normal thanks to you guys!! it was weird because as i was trying to figure out whats wrong i was also thinking of shops to call and towing the car there.. good thing i didn't it would of wasted my time and money.. thats why i am posting about what happened to me.. i hope this helps you like it did for me!!

Old 04-06-2012, 01:57 PM
Unhappy 2002 chrysler sebring

i just change the timing belt water pump new battery spark plugs knock sencer and my car still want start do you think it may be the starter please help me single mother that needs to get around

Old 04-06-2012, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by shavon
i just change the timing belt water pump new battery spark plugs knock sencer and my car still want start do you think it may be the starter please help me single mother that needs to get around

Old 04-06-2012, 02:19 PM
Default 2002 chrysler sebring

what tools i need to change my starter

Old 04-06-2012, 02:23 PM

i need to know what tools i need to change mjy starer in my 2002 Chrysler sebring and how long would it take

Old 07-31-2012, 07:30 AM

I sure wish I had found this forum sooner it would have saved me the 200 dollars I spent in towing and diagnostics plus the headache of the dealership trying to BS me into a 800 dollar starter replacement. if had not of been for the tech slipping and mentioning a blown fuse I would have been replacing the starter on my own none the lees ($800, LMAO).

Old 08-08-2013, 08:32 PM
Default GREAT advice

Originally Posted by foyc27
Number 8, 20 amp fuse under the hood.
Same symptoms on my 2004 Sebring Convertible Limited; no start - not turning over; nothing when turn the key, only oil lamp on, radio not working. Replaced #8 20 amp fuse under the hood - $4.49 for pack -

Old 08-03-2016, 12:44 PM

I had same problem with my 2002 Sebring Conv. Dead - had lights no radio. Replaced No. 8 Fuse and started right up. Just wanted to thank the responders. Saved me a minimum of $200. This forum is a treasure.

Old 04-07-2021, 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by dawnp826
i dont know what the result of this was for you, if you got it fixed or not, but the same thing happened in my '02 sebring, and they said it was because the aftermarket alarm (i didnt know i had!) was somehow connected to the starter system and the alarm had a short so in turn the starter had a short. they disabled the alarm, and now the car starts fine, but im having issues with the speedometer and its stuck in gear, so i think something happened when they disabled the alarm. but you may want to check that out, just a suggestion, since my starter system and battery were fine.
How did u find out or how did they find out you have an alarm system???

Old 04-07-2021, 11:35 PM
Default Can someone post about 2009 chrysler sebring 2.4

Originally Posted by ratmasterson83
My 2003 Sebring would not start. The oil light would come on but the radio and other dash lights were not working. It was a 20amp starter fuse in the fuse panel under the hood.
Can someone post about 2009 chrysler sebring 2.4

Quick Reply: 02 Sebring won't start (no power)