Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

'04 Sebring Conv. 2.7L V6 P303 Code

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 09:51 AM
taz
Default '04 Sebring Conv. 2.7L V6 P303 Code

Hi, I have a 2004 Sebring Touring Convertible. 2.7L V6 with MIL lamp on

The code is 98% of the time P303 once in a while it's P300

I don't have the fancy test equipment, so here's what I have tried to trouble shoot. I put in all new plugs (good ones) and swapped coil packs from odds to evens. Light came back on. I then moved injectors from odds to evens.
Lastly I changed the Crankshaft position sensor. The error does not follow the parts, i.e. i the code is still P303

any suggestions?

Thanks

Old 03-22-2010, 12:53 PM
Super Moderator

check for power and ground to the coil and the injector

Old 03-22-2010, 01:13 PM
taz

will do. thanks

Old 03-23-2010, 07:54 AM
taz

ok checked for good ground. I checked from the connector to Batt gnd. Good, I wiggled the wiring harness and could not get it to drop. I put a slight bend in the male end of the connector to make sure it was connecting good.

Light came back on after 8-10 miles

Old 03-23-2010, 08:26 AM
Super Moderator

u did not do a single thing I asked you to do.

With a volt meter at the fuel injector check for power and ground pulse
at the coil check for power and ground.

Old 03-23-2010, 02:02 PM
taz

as I stated in my post, i did check for ground at both with a volt meter. even wiggled the harness to see if the ground would drop due to a pinched wire.

I did not check for power, forgot to do that

Old 03-23-2010, 08:34 PM
Super Moderator

and the results of your finding is??? I cant give an idea where to go unless there in info and feed back on your part what was the voltage was there ground at either one?

Old 03-24-2010, 08:21 AM
taz

as I put in my post the ground was good "ok checked for good ground. I checked from the connector to Batt gnd. Good, I wiggled the wiring harness and could not get it to drop. I put a slight bend in the male end of the connector to make sure it was connecting good."

as for the power as I stated in another post I forgot to check for that.

how will I get the injector to get power without the engine running? The only thin I could think of was to check continuity of the Yellow/White wire to pin 7 on the pcm. then check for voltage pulse at the pcm. what is the acceptable voltage range?

thanks for your help!

Old 03-24-2010, 08:43 AM
Super Moderator

the ASD relay provides power the pcm is the ground so I say again U had a ground pulse with the engine running or what did u have? plus U cant check for ground with a volt meter by putting a lead on the - post U must complete circuit which means if u are checking for power one lead on the - batt post and the other on a power source to check for ground a lead needs to be on the + batt post and the other end on a ground source. What ever test u did proved nothing this is what U do

at the injector or coil either one but check both.
one wire will have 12v with the key on for 2 seconds or all the time when the engine is running. the other wire will have a ground pulse from the pcm with that knowledge now go back and recheck the circuits and see which u are missing for the misfire issue.

Old 03-24-2010, 08:55 AM
taz

ok sorry, I misunderstood. I just checked to see if the wire was grounded. with the engine off I checked for continuity between the DG/LG wire to - batt terminal and it was dead short. I will try again tonight with engine on.

Quick Reply: '04 Sebring Conv. 2.7L V6 P303 Code