04 Sebring - Wheel Noise Diagnosis - Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

Old 04-14-2018, 06:04 PM

Default 04 Sebring - Wheel Noise Diagnosis

Hello,

Lately, my 2004 Sebring has developed a
which is intermittent. It comes from the drivers side front wheel. canít tell if it is simply a brake issue or a bad wheel bearing. Applying the brake makes it a continuous sound. I wonder if anyone else has experienced a similar issue and what it turned out to be.

I took this video driving around in a parking lot.

Thank you, Pecos
Old 04-14-2018, 11:18 PM

Can't imagine what that noise is, it didn't sound like a squeak. It sounded like wind blowing over a microphone.
Diagnosing noises over the internet is practically impossible. Put the front end (both wheels) up on jack stands and give it a listen. While it's up you can have a good look at the brakes. If they're good, then it will probably be the wheel bearings. Shouldn't be surprising after 14 years.
Old 04-16-2018, 09:57 AM

If applying the brakes makes it continuous, the brakes are likely the problem. They may just ready for replacement.
Pull the wheel and check the pads.
Old 04-16-2018, 04:18 PM

Default The Diagnosis

It turns out the squeaking noise was the brakes. I had the brakes done at 73K miles about 10 years ago. Now with 104K miles it was time. They were at 10% needed new discs and pads. Of course, since I took it to Midas - I said nothing of the wheel bearings but turns out they wanted to replace the wheel bearings also, which they did - $780 all told. So the Noise was brakes- but wheel bearings were bad as well. Just not making noise, apparently.