Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

07 Sebring Cutting Out

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2010, 09:42 PM
Question 07 Sebring Cutting Out

My wife has a 2007 Sebring with around 70,000 miles on it. It is the 2.4 L four cylinder.

In general, she has done fairly well keeping maintenance up on the car. She drives it daily for work and gets a pretty decent mileage check, so she has kept up pretty well with everything.

Recently it has developed an annoying problem with the engine randomly cutting out for a couple seconds.

How it usually happens is after slowing down, like for a car pulling off the road in front of you, and picking speed back up. When getting near to driving speed and letting up on the pedal, it will cut out two or three times then smooth back out.

It pretty much stops on it's own quickly, if not you can give it a little gas and it'll quit then as well. Mostly it only happens when there is a lite touch on the pedal.

It hasn't thrown any codes or anything yet. I've hooked my code scanner to it and recorded information while driving, but haven't noticed anything odd with the numbers when I get home. Admittedly, I am not 100% sure what the numbers mean, but I can make a little sense out of it.

It doesn't happen all the time, just sometimes, enough to be annoying.

Any ideas on what it may be?

Old 07-26-2010, 03:43 PM

I spoke with someone who stated that it sounds like a problem with the Throttle Position Sensor.

When I search on Advance Auto Parts, or Napa Auto Parts online, and even rockauto.com I haven't been able to find a Throttle Position Sensor.

Do these cars even have one, and may it be called something else if they do?