Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

'07 Sebring Limited New Owner Questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2007, 01:41 PM
Default '07 Sebring Limited New Owner Questions

I just bought a Sebring Limited 3.5L a week ago.I love thiscar thus far but I have a few questions.

1. A vehicle shipping order paper I found in the center console lists some of the build codes and various descriptions of items the car is supposed to come with. Code JLN says "GPS navigation pkg, w/system CD, *** loose".

Mine does not have a CD with it and I was wondering if it was supposed to. Is this some sort of tutorial or a database for the GPS? I did get the optional MyGIG infotainment system and the salesman told me it does not come with a CD. Why would it be listed? Did anyone else here get the MyGIG that included a system CD?

2. I tried to get on the link mentioned in the owner's manual to see about software updatesfor MyGIG but, as many of you probably know, right now it just takes you to a information page for MyGIG in a Sebring. My system is application 9.041 and I've read that the 2008s will have version 9.556. They say the newerrelease fixes several issues with older MyGIG software.

The only problem I've noticed is that the volumelevel for the nav prompts occasionally is all the way at the lower end and I don't hear the audio. I've set and saved the volume level in the system setup but it still finds its way back to the zero volume level sometimes. Anyone hear anything on when this software update will be made available?

3. The auto dimming rearview mirror has a switch in the middle that turnsauto dimmingon/off. When on, a little green light to the left of the button comes on. There is a similar looking light opening to the right but nothing ever comes on. Is that the light sensor or is there a light not working? I can post a pic of this if it will help.

Old 09-27-2007, 02:02 AM
Default RE: '07 Sebring Limited New Owner Questions

Wow, this place is about as lively as a checker game in a retirement center. [sm=wakeup.gif]

Anyway, on the MyGIG system the owner's manual mentions something about automatically switching to the rear camera view on the screen when you shift into reverse. I assume this is an option for the MyGIG in a Jeep.

Anyone here ever looked into adding the camera to their Sebring? I think this would be so cool. It might take a bit of tinkering, since it would have to be incorporated into the backup circuit to automatically switch to that view.

If I had any wiring schematics I'd like to explore the possibilities but I'm not about to pay $300+ for the official Sebring service manual.

Old 09-27-2007, 02:40 AM

Okay, I just found the answer to part of my question. I found adecent night visionvideo camera that is incorporated into the rear license plate frame. No drilling and very inconspicuous. I just need to see if there is an extra RCA jack on the back of the MyGIG that it could plug into. That, plus see how to make it work automatically whenever I shift into reverse.

Here's the link if anyone has any suggestions on the project:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll..._promot_widget

Old 10-24-2007, 01:32 PM

When I said that this place is about as lively as a checker game in a retirement center the other week it looks like I was being too generous. This place is even less than that.

I found the answer to all my questions on other car enthusiast forums and there's even a link to update the MyGIG application software on one of them.

My Dodge Ram buddy at workanswered my question on the light on the rearview mirror.

Adios, Amigos!

Old 10-24-2007, 09:32 PM
moe

sorry bear if we were to slow! ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzz!!!