Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

A couple of dumb questions from a new owner

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2011, 02:25 PM
Default A couple of dumb questions from a new owner

Hi All,

Just got an '04 3.3L petrol auto Grand Voyager, here in UK so European RH drive specification and I have a couple of silly questions that I hope the collective wisdom of the forum can answer:

1. The car is equipped with a Mopar single DVD system with a small drop-down screen in the roof. In the passenger (LH) side pillar just back from the sliding door is a small panel with three phono sockets. This looks like an aux video/audio input, that you might use for a PS2 or similar - Does it indeed wire into the DVD system?

2. Is the headlamp/mirror switch cluster supposed to light up when the lights are on. I get a small indicator when I select the fogs but nothing in normal use. I'm guessing there is a bulb back there that is blown, as I also have other black areas in the centre console and have seen messages here about those already.

Thanks for your help.

Graham

Old 03-29-2011, 03:41 AM

Graham,

Fellow UK owner here If you haven't already worked it out for yourself, the aux plugs do allow you to use a games console via the DVD screen however you will need to purchase a power inverter to power the console itself.

As for the mirror switches I don't think they are meant to illuminate, either that is the case or else both you and I have the same problem !

Hope this helps.

zepsdad.

Old 03-29-2011, 05:46 AM

Hi

I drive a 2007 Grand Voyager 2.8 CRD Executive and just have to fumble in the dark for these switches. The window switches are the same except for the drivers which has a faint illuminated dot, so I guess thats it.
Regards John.

Old 03-29-2011, 04:57 PM

Guys,

Thanks for the info. I have an inverter already (from a previous life/wife which meant I had to drag a caravan around), so no probs there, but a bit miffed about the light switch. Jeez, even my old Ford Focus (currently on Auto Trader for £950...) had illuminated h/lamp switches. Chrysler really dropped the ball with that, which is odd given all the other neat toys I now have to play with????

Ho hum, I have a Chilton manual on the way, so I guess I will find out for sure soon enough.

Cheers

GL.