Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

1997 SEBRING OWNERS!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2005, 04:40 AM
Default 1997 SEBRING OWNERS!!!

I don't know if any of you have herd of the "Consumer Reports", but there's a section in there about "Great cars to buy" and "Worst cars to buy"... and guess what.. all, and I mean ALL of the 1997 Chrysler Sebrings have been put on the "WORST" list... Sad huh... worse for me because Im the owner of a 97 Sebring, and my car is a pile of crap, with flys on the side... this particular year, make, and model car made it onto the "Top 5 List of Worst Cars To Buy." [sm=outcold.gif]

Old 12-04-2005, 12:42 PM
Default RE: 1997 SEBRING OWNERS!!!

maybe that explains a few things trixie?

Old 12-04-2005, 04:14 PM

Yeah it does. But wouldn't it be nice, if the government could help out with this...? I know this is going to sound extreemly stupid, but seriously. The Government finds out that dealership is selling cars that have been issued as "Problematic Vehicals" and the dealers then have to list thoes cars as a "PV", BUT... heres the catch, that give the car shopper the option... 'by this car for a stupidly low price, and fix it myself, so that I don't blow the warrenty' or.. 'Whoa.. I'm not touching this car with a 10 foot pole..' Granted no one would really be making money off of the cars, but.. it would still be an option for some people who don't have transportation... I'd really like to sell my car on a privty party deal. (Sorry, I'm really bad at spelling.), so at least that way I could try and get about 4-3K for it. Seriously if you think about it, the engine is almost brand spanking new, with all the repairs that I've done to it. When the time comes for me to sell it, I'm a little ratteled on if I want to but another american car... I was thinking about a Honda CR-V... what do all of you think...?

Old 12-04-2005, 05:09 PM

honestly, who comes up with these stupid lists? i heard some survey say that the Honda Ridgeline was the BEST compact truck. sure, if you want a feminine truck. i have a 98 sebring coupe and its not that bad.

Old 12-05-2005, 03:32 AM

yeah and if you noticed...(not trying to be a smart ***...)..but... I said the 1997 models... not the 1998 models... the 98's which is your year, came up on the "good" list. Mine... is the "bad" list... So please before you start knocking on something that someone has said... read everything completley.. and BTW- The people who came up with this so called "stupid list" is the Consumer Reports Guide... which I might add.. coinsides with the Better Buisness Buru... so if your have a problem with it, take it up with them.

Old 12-05-2005, 03:39 AM
Administrator

I agree, there are a lot of biased lists. But maybe 97 was just a bad year. The Sebring was first introduced in 1995.

1997 Chrysler Sebring recalls:
Structure:body:roof and pillars
Power train:automatic transmissionark/neutral start switch
Suspension:front:control arm:lower ball joint
Seats:front assembly:head restraint
Vehicle speed control

Old 12-05-2005, 01:58 PM
Super Moderator

97' was another year for upgrading and fixing problems, the newer Sebrings have very little problems. I'm sorry to hear so much has happened, and the lists are always biased.

-Matt-

Old 12-05-2005, 06:07 PM

i know u said 97, the 97 and 98 are basically the same car

Old 12-06-2005, 01:58 PM

okay, if you're going to start ****,.. please exit this thread. No one is trying to pick a fight here, and cut her some slack, her car is really messed up and she's a little upset as it is. She's considering a honda for god's sake, this is a delicate situation. I had a 98 and it did wonders for me too, I drove the **** out of it, and blew 3 transmissions, but it was good, 97 was a completely different car, different internals, different builder for the engine and drive train. You 98 has a mitsubishi engine, hers... I'm not sure but I don't think it's a jap motor...

Trixie, say no to honda... The CRV and CRX were good cars, but everyone I know that's had one had some problems... ok a lot of problems... if you must,.. buy a civic or and accord if you can find one for cheap. Otherwise, buy a chevy! WOOT! I know I say that, but you need and AMERICAN car, crapsler is not american made, it's asian... Get a vehicle with a simple engine ie Mazda protege, or any chevy, some fords... I'm going to hate saying this for a long time, but buy a mustang. if it breaks down, they have so many of them, they'll just replace it because it's not like those parts aren't in surplus... Asian cars are hard to fix because they have to f**k everything up in there, and move away from simplicity to prove they are smarter than americans... america is a simple country minus the politics, and corruption and conspiracy theories... Don't buy a vehicle that would take more than a weekend to swap a motor in at your own pace... take my advice, or don't... that's the best I have to offer...

Old 12-08-2005, 04:10 AM

Thanks so much for backing me up.. it feels nice to have someone kinda on myside. Thanks for understanding my frustration, and headachaes... I just got my car back on Tuesday after not having it again for a week and a half... it was in the shop again for another tranny replacement... yeah... 2 since sept of this year.. one of my friends has a 98 Sebring LX, and her engine looks TOTALY diff then mine does... so, maybe my car was an experamint car???? who knows... I'l be moving to the Mojave Desart soon, and I will seriously have to get another car, not only because of the repairs, but becasue it's so low to the ground. The area of the desart that I'll be moving too, doesn't have a lot of paved roads, and it has more pot holes, then a golf ball has dimples... I'll need some kinda of a truck or suv... any suggestion are awesomly welcome!

Quick Reply: 1997 SEBRING OWNERS!!!