Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

1997 SEBRING OWNERS!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2005, 12:29 PM
Default RE: 1997 SEBRING OWNERS!!!

well damn, you didn't tell me you were moving to the desert! Here's the deal... I now must withdraw my statement regarding "jap-cars"... Go out and buy you an old Toyota Truck, small, light, fast... I reccomend the desert runner or the pre runner for this, even an old 4 runner.... check out this website... www.bajaconcepts.com/ vehicle_list_all.cfm You need a desert truck. Toyota makes really good ones... if you can find a cheap land rover discovery or something, do that. the first one is a desert runner, will cost up to 10k for a decent one... the second is a prerunner they'll be a little more expensive to look like those in the pictures but these used and in good condition will run around $2-8k the 3rd one is a bronco... just something to think about there. They're easy to fix, they're big as ****, guzzle gas, reliable, did I mention really big, and the back comes off... I picked mine up for $3k you can find them around $2-5k... Very Cheap, even get a chevy K5 blazer, they break more often, but they're the same price if you're bent on a chevy truck.

[IMG]local://upfiles/288/A2983138296A4CCBA9DA43127BA4EA52.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/288/3A269F93DC394915B70DFCEC1965123F.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/288/B19511FA62A643D6A6C18F8423A31C7A.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-09-2005, 08:53 PM

ill sell u an 87 toyota truck. 4cyl, low miles, 5 speed, 25+ mpg

Old 12-10-2005, 12:07 AM

Hey that sounds like a pretty good deal, only a couple down falls though... 1. I live in Southern Cali, and 2. I don't know how to drive a Manuel... last time I tried, well... lets just put it this way my insurance went WAY up. lol. But thank you so much for the offer that was way cool of you.

If anyone lives in the So.Cali area and is selling a truck or SUV that runs good, please send me a PM with some information, and pics would be a big help too. Thanks a bunch!!

Old 12-10-2005, 08:23 AM
Administrator

ORIGINAL: JXI101

She's considering a honda for god's sake, this is a delicate situation.

You 98 has a mitsubishi engine, hers... I'm not sure but I don't think it's a jap motor...

Trixie, say no to honda... The CRV and CRX were good cars, but everyone I know that's had one had some problems... ok a lot of problems... if you must,.. buy a civic or and accord if you can find one for cheap. Otherwise, buy a chevy! WOOT! I know I say that, but you need and AMERICAN car, crapsler is not american made, it's asian... Get a vehicle with a simple engine ie Mazda protege, or any chevy, some fords... I'm going to hate saying this for a long time, but buy a mustang. if it breaks down, they have so many of them, they'll just replace it because it's not like those parts aren't in surplus... Asian cars are hard to fix because they have to f**k everything up in there, and move away from simplicity to prove they are smarter than americans... america is a simple country minus the politics, and corruption and conspiracy theories... Don't buy a vehicle that would take more than a weekend to swap a motor in at your own pace... take my advice, or don't... that's the best I have to offer...
Hondas, even though they are slow and ugly are very reliable cars. A lot more reliable than Chevy in most cases. Those Asians know their sh*t.

Chrysler is not Asian. DaimlerChrysler is German based, with Chrysler, Dodge and Jeep being the American part of the company. Mercedes, Smart, Maybach and some commercial divisions are German.

Just because because a few Dodge and Chryslers have Mitsubishi motors doesn't mean it's Asian made. DaimlerChrysler has a partnership with Mitsubishi and Hyundai. DCX owns about 14% of Mitsu. They develope motors and platforms together. But that's basically it.

Actually, DaimlerChrysler is currently selling their share of Mitsubishi, but the joint projects will continue.

Chrysler=German/American

Old 12-10-2005, 03:42 PM

yeah.. I know recently they switched back to a reliable system. But the electronics and engines were japanese. I'm not trying to rag on them, I had an asian girlfriend one time, and it didn't go over too well, so I'm a little bitter about asians lol j/p... No, they are smart, and I believe that's why they had to move away from the simplistic style of the early american beast. better milage, and the like is understandable, but I hate the style...

Kym, I have a 97 chevy Z71 for 2500 5 speed auto, 4X4, flareside, or slat side bed, blue. extended cab, short bed, 37k miles, needs new spedometer cable... that's it really... v8 5.7 litre... I can get it shipped to you, or even bring it myself since I'm heading that way in about a month anyhow... I can get pics if you're interested, just let me know. I'm on aim, just leave a message, or send a message to my phone, then I'll get on. whatev...

Old 12-12-2005, 04:51 AM

Dude that sounds like a totaly awesome truck, only thing though... I don't know how to drive a manuel. last time I tried to learn... well... lets put it this way.. my car insurance went WAY up. lol. Man... to have a truck, that's always been a dream of mine, to own one. I always wanted a Ford Harley Davidson Edition, with Black and Seafoam Green paint.... ohhh the dreams of a 22 year old girl... lol. oh well... someone was telling me the other night about looking into a Saturn... not to sure... what do ya'll think?

Old 12-12-2005, 11:40 AM

my bad on the truck, it's an automatic, I just put that it had a 5 speed, automatic tranny... it's an overdrive transmission... ummm,... but yeah, it's auto.... as far a saturn goes, they don't really have problems until they get a little older, but once they hit maybe 4 years, they go to ****... I'm tired of working on my friend's saturn. The whole thing is made of plastic, and he has to worry about wether or not the thing is going to start in the morning. My other friend has an ION, and hates it. Like I have never seen anyone hate something so bad in my life... well,... about the same as myself and my ex... but that's it... I don't think those little rice burners would do too well out in the mohab desert though

Old 12-12-2005, 10:17 PM

Dude!!! Can you please, PLEASE send me some picture of the truck... if at all possible, inside and out?? That's be way b*tchin'!!!
Thanks!

Old 12-13-2005, 03:03 PM

haha, no problem... the outside is a little banged up, but for a bill, I could slap a new professional paint job on there. Interior is perfect. Nothing wrong in there whatsoever. Only thing wrong like I said, needs a new spedometer cable, which you can get from autozone for $12... if you want I can even put it on for you before it's shipped, or we could put it in there whatever. If you wanted me to bring it up there over the holidays maybe. Who knows... I need to go get my camera from my friend and I'll send you some pictures... and this aim thing isn't working out too well, we need to set up a time to meet on there so we'll actually catch each other...

Old 12-15-2005, 01:35 AM
Administrator

ORIGINAL: JXI101

I'm not trying to rag on them, I had an asian girlfriend one time, and it didn't go over too well, so I'm a little bitter about asians lol j/p...
LOL

That's not any reason to hate Jap cars.

Quick Reply: 1997 SEBRING OWNERS!!!