Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

2000 passenger window not working

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 04:31 PM
Default 2000 passenger window not working

Hi, we bought a 2000 sebring last spring. The passenger side front window goes down no problem. For a while it went up slowly, then only go up every so often. You would just have to keep trying the switch & hope. Today my son forgot & put the window down & now it will not go back up at all. It's down about 2-3 inches & will go down more if you use the switch but it will not go up at all with either door switch. Any thoughts???

Thanks

Old 03-09-2009, 07:29 PM

You need to look at the window and determine if it's binding in the track. If so, then the problem is mechanical, not electrical. It could be simply an alignment problem causing the binding.
Will the window go up if you "help" it by hand?
To fix a problem like that you'll have to take the trim panel off the door and get in there to adjust the track. Since the problem is not dependent on a single switch, it sounds more like a mechanical problem with the regulator mechanism or track.
Sorry I can't be more specific but long-distance diagnosis isn't easy.

Old 03-11-2009, 12:00 AM

I would have to agree with cotter on this one. Sounds like a mis-alignment, and maybe a motor and regulator, caused by the mis-alignment. With the window separted from the regulator, check to make sure the window is going straight up and down, easily. With the glass removed, look at the regulator in the door from the top and see if any of the arms are bent. DO NOT LUBE THE RUBBER RUN CHANNEL, your best bet is to remove it and clean it with soap and water. Then reassemble. If the run channel isn't worn out and the regulator isn't bent, everything should work.

Old 03-11-2009, 02:24 PM

This sounds like what was happening with my rear quarter-window before. It apparently was some corrosion in the electrical connectors. I don't know if that could be the problem with the passenger window since there are two different switches, but I assume there is at least one connection in common with the switches. That might not be it, but you can still unhook the connections and spray them with contact cleaner just to check before you monkey with the mechanicals.

MRR

Old 04-29-2009, 12:28 PM

Thank you for the suggestions. So far my DH has simply disconnected the switches so the window does not work at all for the moment. I'll show him your suggestions & go from there. I know he had it apart and all appeared to be ok but he was looking quickly to just get it back up at the time. Once the window starts to go up, it doesn't seem to go up slower than the other one, therefore not needing a "hand" to get it closed. Can i also assume that it's most likely not the motor or regulator since it goes down no problem?

Old 04-29-2009, 04:34 PM

Once, a long time ago, I experienced a problem with a power window that went down easily but would not go up. Turned out to be torn material in the channel that rolled up and formed a wedge allowing one-way operation. You just need to inspect the working mechanism closely. If the motor works at all then there's a good chance the problem is not electrical.