Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

2000 Sebring JXI convertible need new owner advice for top function

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2017, 02:29 PM
Default 2000 Sebring JXI convertible need new owner advice for top function

Hi, new to forum & a new owner of a 2000 sebring jxi convertible.

My drivers side rear window is not working. Do I need to fix this window first before I can tell if the top will go down? Will that window problem be originating from the switch panel or is there a fuse or relay associated with the windows. I'd like to try the easy stuff before I have to worry about the motor.

thanks in advance for any advice.

Old 04-01-2017, 03:02 PM

Welcome to the forum. No telling where the problem might be from this distance. If it's only one window it's not likely to be a circuit breaker problem. Could be switch, motor or wiring. The wiring is a possible problem where the harness goes from the body to the door because of flexing as the door opens and closes. You'll need to tear into it to find the exact problem, meaning remove the door trim panel to check the switch and wiring, and if that checks out, dig in and check the motor itself.
You can put the top down with the window up, but putting the top back up could be tricky. Make sure the window will line up exactly with the weatherstripping as the top goes up.
If you can find a factory shop manual (they come up on eBay every once in a while) it will have all the wiring diagrams and some information on disassembling the trim to get to the trouble spots. You'll need the main volume of the shop manual and an additional volume that covers convertibles.
You might want to find the Chrysler Sebring Convertible Club on the internet and check in there for more information.
Let us know how it all works out.

Old 04-02-2017, 10:33 AM

The window switch is easy to change. You don't have to pull the door panel. Just carefully pry up on the trim holding the switch. It' held in by some metal clips. Those clips can pop off the trim, but they are easy to reattach.