Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

2003 Sebring Door Lock Issue

Old 11-19-2008, 10:51 AM
Default 2003 Sebring Door Lock Issue

Hi All,

I've got a 2003 Chrysler Sebring that I have just purchased used. Currently all 4 door locks operate fine either when I hit the switch on the passenger side, or when I drive the door locks with lock automatically, however, their seems to be an issue somewhere on the drivers door switch. The switch on the drivers door does not seem to function. I have tested the switch on the passenger side and it works fine, so I know there is nothing wrong with the switch. I tested the wires coming into the switch (there were 3, 1 pink, 1 black and 1 white/green). There is power going to the Pink which i suspect is the hot wire. I'm guessing the white/green wire is the wire which sends the pulse to the bcm. I'm thinking that there is a break in the wire somewhere from the switch to the BCM that is causing the problem.

Am I on the right track?

How would I get to the BCM so I can test the wire? I've done some reading and I know it's behind the fuse box, but how would I access it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Old 11-19-2008, 01:38 PM
Default RE: 2003 Sebring Door Lock Issue

The BCM is bolted to the junction block (fuse panel) just as you have stated. To get to it, you have to remove the junction block and then take them apart. To get in there, you've got to remove the lower instrument panel. To do that, you've got to pry off the bezel where the mirror switch is, remove the mirror switch and take out the screws holding the lower panel in place.
Before pulling the fuse panel out, you might be better off seeing if you can find that same colored wire leading in toward the BCM and check it for continuity from the door switch. Due to flexing, wires coming from the door to the body sometimes break. If you don't have continuity, you will need to figure out a way to run another wire as a substitute.
You didn't say whether you tested the door switch itself. I would check that before tearing into all the wiring and the BCM.

Old 11-19-2008, 02:57 PM
Default RE: 2003 Sebring Door Lock Issue

Hi,

Thanks for the response. I have tested the switch and it is working fine. I will give this a shot!

Old 05-24-2009, 02:21 AM
Default Have the same problem

Hi, I have the same problem. Did you ever find the cause of the problem and a solution? Thanks!!

Old 05-24-2009, 08:50 AM
Default Did you find out the problem?

Originally Posted by rkhoja
Hi All,

I've got a 2003 Chrysler Sebring that I have just purchased used. Currently all 4 door locks operate fine either when I hit the switch on the passenger side, or when I drive the door locks with lock automatically, however, their seems to be an issue somewhere on the drivers door switch. The switch on the drivers door does not seem to function. I have tested the switch on the passenger side and it works fine, so I know there is nothing wrong with the switch. I tested the wires coming into the switch (there were 3, 1 pink, 1 black and 1 white/green). There is power going to the Pink which i suspect is the hot wire. I'm guessing the white/green wire is the wire which sends the pulse to the bcm. I'm thinking that there is a break in the wire somewhere from the switch to the BCM that is causing the problem.

Am I on the right track?

How would I get to the BCM so I can test the wire? I've done some reading and I know it's behind the fuse box, but how would I access it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!
Hello, I have the same Problem. Did you find out the solution? Thx.

Old 11-08-2013, 06:04 PM

I bought a used 2003 sebring convertible and need a fuse box diagram and index. what fuse is for the power locks?

Old 11-08-2013, 08:55 PM

Check your owners manual.
Check the underside of the lid of the fuse box.
There are two fuse boxes, one under the hood, one hidden behind the panel at the left end of the instrument panel.
Probably fuse 4 & 5 of the inside fuse box.