Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

2003 Sebring stereo issue

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2010, 05:01 AM
Default 2003 Sebring stereo issue

Hi everyone, greetings from Finland.

I'm new to this forum! Just got myself a 2003 Sebring. It's a great car and drives very comfortably! (It's my first time driving an automatic! ) I love it!

The only thing I haven't figured out yet is how the radio works. My husband and I fooled around with it a bit, pushed some buttons, etc. Yeah, dumb, I know. Only then we found the manual and realized there is a code you have to enter! I was already wondering what that "CODE" in the display meant ...

Anyway, the radio is now stuck in "WAIT" mode and I waited for about 5-10 minutes, but nothing happens. It takes CD's, sure. And the antenna pops up upon turning the radio on and off ... But it doesn't do anything else than that.

Does anyone know how to make it work?

Any help is gladly appreciated, as I would like to enjoy my new car to the fullest! Which includes listening to the radio!

Thanks!

Old 06-09-2010, 10:56 AM

This may or may not work, but as it doesn't cost anything, it's worth a try:

Pull off the cover at the left end of the instrument panel to reveal the fuse box. In the center of the fuse panel is a fuse with "ears" on it. Pop out that fuse for about a minute or so and put it back in. That may "reset" your stereo and get it to work.
There is more than one fuse that protect the radio so make sure that all of them are good. If that doesn't work, you may have an internal fault in the stereo that will need to be fixed or you may need to repalce it.

Old 06-09-2010, 02:40 PM

Well, it seems the problem solved itself, sort of.

After leaving the car on the driveway for half a day and eventually starting it again, the radio turned on and "CODE" was in the display again! So I punched in the code and all works fine. Who would have thought it was so simple

But thanks for the reply. I'll keep it in mind may any problems occur in the future ... I sure hope not!

Old 06-13-2010, 07:45 AM

"So I punched in the code and all works fine" ... what code did you punch in, how did you know which code to punch in and HOW do you punch it in.

Old 06-14-2010, 03:20 AM

I knew what code to punch in, cause there was a four-digit number written on the manual of the stereo, which I found later on from the glove compartment I suppose everyone has a different code that comes with the car / stereo ...

When the radio asked for CODE, I just used the 1-5 buttons on the stereo, the ones from the preset radio channels. (It were the only buttons that had numbers ) And after punching in the last number, the CODE disappeared and the radio started playing Simple as that.