Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

2004 sebring probs

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2007, 04:37 PM
Default 2004 sebring probs

My sebring has been in the shop at least 7 times in the last three weeks, am getting a clunking sound from the left front side, at first the mechanic didn't know what it was, but he finally heard the noise, in the last 2 wks have had a seam repaired, didn't help also ball joints, upper and lower, if there is such a thing replaced, control arms, yesterday the car was yet again in the shop getting some of the work done, ie, upper control arm, they took the left strut apart and reassembled, redid the ball joint as it was dry, upper control arm, i was having a noise coming from the left wheel area as i turned the steering wheel to the right and back again but that seems to have been resolved as of now, today the same problem has reaccured, the clunking or popping sound as they like to call it, myself i woild say a clunk like something is loose, any suggestions.

Old 02-07-2007, 06:48 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: 2004 sebring probs

will u be performing the work?? is it under warranty or not ? if u arnt doing the work then anything on here is about usless. To suggest where ot what a noise is comming from it to hard to tell with out hearing it from a first person point of view. What kinda seabring 2 door coupe?? convertable? 4 door this is all helpfull because no one on here can see or hear then noise. If u give me the last 8 of the vin i will look and see of there are any tsbs for that noise in the front end. Plus if its under warranty then take it to the dealer and let them go to town with out costing u for the repair. And if u are taking it to an aftermarket shop then u are more then likely getting what u pay for. If they cant fix a noise in 6 trys then I would personaly say they dont know what thay are doing thats just my thoughts

Old 02-08-2007, 02:45 PM

Yes the sebring is under warranty, and it is the dealership that i am taking it to, and it's going back to their service department for the seventh time tomorrow, as i stated they have heard the noise and fixed what they thought it was but obviously they are fixing the wrong part and i will keep taking it back to them intil they find out what is wrong. They found a tsb with the same type symptom, which was a seam problem, the did that repair job but guess what, it didn't correct the problem, i have a list of possible suspects which i am going to give to them and they can take it from there.

Old 02-08-2007, 03:41 PM
Super Moderator

ok if its under warranty then dont worry about it let them look at it. If u dont get it fixed by them go to another one. Most dealers or shops dont like people comming in there saying I WANT THIS TSB DONE TO MY CAR. What most people dont understand is that it may not even apply to there car. Most tsbs are done by vin and a certan build date and so on. If u just go into a dealer or shop and say I want this done I am sure thata they will do it but if it does not fix that prob u cant blame them on that they are only doing what u asked and payed for. I see it all the time where some one brings there can in and says I want this replaced so its done and does nto fix there prob and they want to jump all over me for not fixing there prob. This would be the same deal as u walking into a DR and say replace my lung it does not work any more. Its done and U still cant breath right ..... whos to blame the DR??? I cant vouch for the dealer or shop that u are going to but if they are not fixing the prob to your liking u alwase have the right to go else where and get a second look.

Old 04-04-2007, 11:50 AM

Having the same problem with my 2004. Please post your results. Thanks!

Old 04-12-2007, 11:44 PM

Did the dealer check TSB 2301203 to see if this repair applies? I had a similar problem and my dealer, once shown, did the repair without question or cost even though I am now outside warranty.