Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

2006 sebring 2.7 p0202

Old 11-30-2014, 11:28 PM
Default 2006 sebring 2.7 p0202

First of all just want to say hi and thanks for anyone that looks at this post. I just bought this car and saw the p0202 so i swaped out injectors and the injector still did'nt fire. The ECM control wire stays at high voltage and never gives the injector a ground signal. I checked the wire and its good all injectors have good power. I swaped out ECM from a stratus and reset the vin and it started right up but still has the same problem? anyone seen something like this before all the injectors ohms is also good.

Old 12-01-2014, 06:08 AM
Super Moderator

how did u check the wires? What were teh readings short to ground ect?

Old 12-01-2014, 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by CHRYSLER TECH
how did u check the wires? What were teh readings short to ground ect?
I used a multi meter and put the red lead on power. Then I took the black lead and put it on the wire from the injector coming from ECM all wires but number 2 go to zero volts when you go to crank the motor. Number 2 starts at 12 v and only goes to 10.5 or so. The wire for that injector to ECM ohms where .04 so it should be good. Either way i cut the wire for number 2 injector driver at the ECM harness and it still reads the same when i check it. I took the connector apart at the ECM and its fine.

Is there anything that can go wrong and fry the used ECM i just put in.

Old 12-01-2014, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by Robert Pickering
I used a multi meter and put the red lead on power. Then I took the black lead and put it on the wire from the injector coming from ECM all wires but number 2 go to zero volts when you go to crank the motor. Number 2 starts at 12 v and only goes to 10.5 or so. The wire for that injector to ECM ohms where .04 so it should be good. Either way i cut the wire for number 2 injector driver at the ECM harness and it still reads the same when i check it. I took the connector apart at the ECM and its fine.

Is there anything that can go wrong and fry the used ECM i just put in.
all the injector short to ground read OL wish it was shorted then i would have the injector stuck open

Old 12-01-2014, 02:57 PM
Super Moderator

get a noid lite set Your volt meter is not fast enough to see the voltage drop on the ground side. When cranking it should show a ground pulse on off on off IS the wires shorted to ground did you check for that?

Old 12-01-2014, 05:52 PM

get a noid lite set Your volt meter is not fast enough to see the voltage drop on the ground side. When cranking it should show a ground pulse on off on off IS the wires shorted to ground did you check for that?
Im gonna get a noid light tomorrow if i ground out the ECM driver wire i can get the injector to open. I even replaced the wire still nothing.

Old 12-01-2014, 08:40 PM
Super Moderator

then its a pcm issue

Old 12-01-2014, 09:45 PM

then its a pcm issue
Thats what im thinking I got the used pcm from a stratus. First I took the #2 injector that threw the code and moved it to #4 and rechecked and #4 now has the code but is firing and #2 is still not. Then I moved that injector to #3 and it also threw a code but still worked. But I still changed the injector anyways. Then I put the used pcm in. It now only throws #2 code. But why would it ruin the new pcm the bad injector wasnt even in the engine. Anyone helps me figure this out will sure paid thru paypay thats for dam sure. Now im gonna try and find another used pcm and just change all the injectors this car has me mind blow.