Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

2007 Chrysler Sebring Electrical Issues - Please Help

Old 11-24-2014, 08:51 AM
Exclamation 2007 Chrysler Sebring Electrical Issues - Please Help

I'm currently experiencing a lot of electrical issues with my Sebring. I bought the Sebring a month ago knowing that there were a few electrical issues that needed to be fixed.

1) CD player on the radio wouldn't stop searching for a cd even though there was nothing in it.

2) Instrumentation panel lightening came on every 1/5 times of starting the car.

Since they were small problems I decided to fix them on my own. I disconnected the cd player on the radio because I knew I would never use it. (That fixed the problem)

Next I found out that these models of Sebring have bad inverters for the lighting to the instrumentation cluster. Therefore I found a guide online and bought the suggested inverter that was recommended.

Here's were the problem began:

On Friday when I was done work I took the entire cluster out of my car and brought it inside for the weekend. (During this time I left all connections to the analog clock/emergency lights unplugged as well)

On Sunday I soldered the new inverter onto the back of the cluster with intentions of running that to the analog clock for power. Before I attached the invertor into the clock I decided to plug the cluster back in just to test to make sure everything else worked.

Now everything else is messing up, I don't know if it is because I left the cluster disconnected for too long but here is a list of what stopped work on my car:

-All buttons on my key kob
-All automatic locks for the car
-Analog clock does not light up (Even with it properly connected again)
-Any sounds for the car (Like signal light sounds/door open sounds)
-The light in the passenger side overhead mirror
-Check engine light is now on
-Truck button does not work
-Any interior lighting (Other than the radio and climate controls)

I don't think soldering the invertor onto the cluster caused any of these problems because from all the research I did the only thing that the clip I soldered it too does is the indiglo lightening for the dash.

To fix these issues I've tried:

-Dissconnecting the positive terminal of the battery and pulling the ecm fust to reset the system. (No luck)
-I've also flipped the key from off to on 5 times to get it to scan the system - No error codes came up. (System OK)

Please, please help. I'm a college student and I need a car asap, I also can't afford a massive fix. I'm really hoping something just needs to be reset for the car to start working properly again.