General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

2007 Chrysler Sebring ETC Problems ! ! Help Please

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 04:51 PM
Unhappy 2007 Chrysler Sebring ETC Problems ! ! Help Please

Hi Everyone,

I Own A 2007 Sebring And About @ Months Ago I Had A problem with it in which the car would not start it would just stay cranking but would not fully turn on. When i saw the dashboard it showed that the Etc ( Electronic Throttle Control) light was on After About 2 hours i tried turning it on again and it worked fine. Then today as i was driving home on the freeway it would suddenly lose power like if it turned off but then it would start working once the speed went down to about 60mph idk what that could of been has anyone else had this kind of problems ? Oh and also it has turned off on me at stop sigs like 4 times already ? Has Anyone tried Changing the Etc To see if that might of been the problem ? I know A lot of people say that chrysler dont know what it is or wont say cause of recall issues Please help Me Thank You All !

Old 03-17-2011, 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by Jplay909
Hi Everyone,

I Own A 2007 Sebring And About @ Months Ago I Had A problem with it in which the car would not start it would just stay cranking but would not fully turn on. When i saw the dashboard it showed that the Etc ( Electronic Throttle Control) light was on After About 2 hours i tried turning it on again and it worked fine. Then today as i was driving home on the freeway it would suddenly lose power like if it turned off but then it would start working once the speed went down to about 60mph idk what that could of been has anyone else had this kind of problems ? Oh and also it has turned off on me at stop sigs like 4 times already ? Has Anyone tried Changing the Etc To see if that might of been the problem ? I know A lot of people say that chrysler dont know what it is or wont say cause of recall issues Please help Me Thank You All !
Sure, you could change the ETC but it would cost you about 300 or more fr the part. Go get it diagnosed before you spend the money of a hunch.

Old 03-17-2011, 07:54 PM

See I Have Gotten the Car Checked And They Say There Is no problem with the car that no codes show up and ive heard from people that have the same car that they have this problem and no one knows what it is im guessing that its the ETC cause that sounds like what would cause the car to turn off and lose power but today it tured off on me again and did the same thing as last time i was going at a steddy speed and out of no where it lost power for a minute and then it came back So im kinda guessing that maybe it could also be something electrical or the computer is malfunctioning what do you thing ?

Old 03-18-2011, 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by Jplay909
See I Have Gotten the Car Checked And They Say There Is no problem with the car that no codes show up and ive heard from people that have the same car that they have this problem and no one knows what it is im guessing that its the ETC cause that sounds like what would cause the car to turn off and lose power but today it tured off on me again and did the same thing as last time i was going at a steddy speed and out of no where it lost power for a minute and then it came back So im kinda guessing that maybe it could also be something electrical or the computer is malfunctioning what do you thing ?
Well, the ETC is in a vulnerable place on that world engine. It allows any goo that accumulates in the plenum to run right down into it. Your gas pedal with the sensors in it and the t-body signals have to jive with each other and the PCM does the fuzzy math. Something is going on in that exchange that isn't right. Maybe an re-learn of the ETC could do the trick. However, IF there is an issue with the t-body plate itself, then the PCM may not be seeing anything electrically out of spec