Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

2007 Sebring - Bad TIPM?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2015, 01:35 PM
Default 2007 Sebring - Bad TIPM?

Hi folks,

I'm looking to narrow down an apparent electrical issue before I start throwing parts at my 2007 Sebring. The car had no major issues leading up to the current problem, other than it would occasionally stall at a red light.

One day, started the car, it ran for 10-15 seconds, then quit. At this point, it wouldn't turn over, no click, no nothing. Turned out there was a blown fuse in the fuse box. Replaced the fuse and the car started. However, the battery wasn't charging. I wasn't getting anything above battery voltage with the car running, so I replaced the alternator.

Now battery is charging between 13-14 volts. However, there are a whole slew of other problems:
  • ABS MIL on
  • Brake MIL on
  • No reverse lights
  • No cruise control
  • No speedometer
  • When coasting, car seems to "grab" and then "let go" (feels like transmission shifting issues, not brakes
  • Throttle feels like it's sticking on sometimes
  • Codes: U1120, U1110

Additionally, a bulb for the back tail light was blown (replaced and it works). I'm supposing there was a spike in the electrical system since we have blown fuses and lights?

To troubleshoot, I've done the following:
  • Checked battery connections, checked any visible wiring for wear or corrosion and checked continuity - everything OK.
  • Popped off the TIPM and looked at the connection points - everything looks OK.
  • Replaced input/output sensor on transmission with spares - no effect.

My questions are:
  1. Could an ABS sensor/module be causing all the grief? If so, what test could one perform to isolate an ABS issue?
  2. Can an alternator going bad cause the TIPM to fail?
  3. Do any other possible causes come to mind?

Thanks folks.