Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

Rear power window regulator '01 Sebring convertible

Old 07-12-2015, 09:20 PM
Default Rear power window regulator '01 Sebring convertible

My 2001 Sebring convertible has had both rear windows quit. The motors work, but I believe the cables are frayed badly on the left and broken on the right. Being that 2 regulators run about $500 I am hoping to rebuild the regulators. I have seen on Youtube how to rebuild them using cables from another regulator. I've seen cable in Home Depot and was wondering if that would work. In the You tube video they also mention being able to get the plastic reel, but I'm not sure where. Anybody done this or know if it possible?

One other problem I have is that the A/C has a leak. I added green dye and checked everything with a UV light, but can;t find the leak. How can I tell if it is the evaporater, since it is sealed.

Thank you for your awesome help! George

Old 07-12-2015, 11:29 PM

Dorman makes a window regulator for the convertible that might be cheaper than the dealer part. If you go to their website you can look it up. As far as individual parts from the assemblies, that's where a junkyard comes in handy, or maybe a 3D printer. If there's a sailboat service store (like West Marine) nearby, you can talk to them about making up the cables for you. Any sailboat rigger should be able to handle that unless the cable is too small. They might have a suitable pulley wheel, too.

As far as the AC is concerned, the usual culprit when there's a leak but you can't find it is going to be the evaporator core, since pretty much everything else is accessible. There are tiny inspection cameras now that might be able to see in there. Replacing the core, of course involves tearing out the dash and is big $$$.