Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

2008 Hardtop Owner Report

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 07:35 AM
Default 2008 Hardtop Owner Report

If you are an owner of a 2008 Hardtop Convertible could you share your review here?

Old 01-08-2008, 01:48 PM
moe
Default RE: 2008 Hardtop Owner Report

thanks Robert R. i'll let you know what tsb'si find at work .or what some of the customers are saying about the hard top.

Old 05-12-2008, 01:12 PM

Vehicle Report:

First issue was the power drivers seat not moving forward. I removed the seat and fixed it myself. Nothing wrong other than mis-allignment of the tracks.

Second issue I went to rotate the tires and all 4 wheels were rusted in place. Sprayed with penitrating rust inhibitor and I little persuasion and wheels came free.

Next was the MyGig unit was corrupt and was switched out, new unit functions fine. The MyGig in many Chrysler cars has had several issues.

I am totally satisfied with this vehicle. Learned along time ago nothing is perfect. Just need to work through things.

Old 05-13-2008, 12:07 PM

So far 6 weeks, and 1500 miles no problems, other then the bluetooth. I installed a rear-view camera, with the mygig, and it came with a new update, once that was installed the bluetooth works great. The hardtop works good, I like the fact nothing to latch or unlatch everything id done automatically, they should of put the 4.0 in the limited though, maybe in the future, but no complaints.

Old 05-13-2008, 02:49 PM

hardtop,

Can you tell me more about the back up camera. What manufacturer? Where did you mount it?

Old 05-13-2008, 04:49 PM

I got the camera off E-bay item # 190219493165 a panasonic for 99, then the adapter from http://www.coastaletech.com/MYGIG.htm, ran the wires, and it came out great, simple plug and play. I mounted it on the rear bumper right over the license plate, worked out good, I'll see if I can post a picture of it. Chrysler sells backup sensors, but for the amount they want, plus having to put for holes in the bumper this was better, and it gives you more options with the mygig system

Old 05-15-2008, 12:24 AM
Administrator

ORIGINAL: moe

thanks Robert R. i'll let you know what tsb'si find at work .or what some of the customers are saying about the hard top.
recalls and tsbs can be found at the top of CF...

https://www.chryslerforum.com/recall...r_2008/TSB.htm
https://www.chryslerforum.com/recall...sbs/recall.htm

Old 05-15-2008, 02:13 PM

MidnightBlueNeon,

I watch that sight continually for information on all my Chryslers.

Old 05-29-2008, 03:29 PM

Hey Guys,
I have the 2008 Chrysler Sebring Hardtop Convertible.. gimme gimme gimme all the bells and whistles. A few issues:
* Gasoline. It sucks down the gasoline. It is heavier than my 2002 Chrysler Sebring Ragtop or my 1996 Chrysler Grand Voyager, soI kinda expected that. Goes with the territory.
* MyGig CD Changer? The salesman said it had a 6-CD Changer in the MyGig. Of course, it doesn't.I have come to learn to appreciate the Hard Drivecapabilities but it still irked me that the salesman would tell me something he didn't really know firsthand.
* MyGig Bluetooth. "BlueTooth Compatible" is a marketing ploy. There are varying versions of Bluetooth and no way (with Chrysler) to know what works with MyGig. The Chrysler Owners Manual says to go to a website that never was up and provides none of the promised data.The 1-800 number tried to get me to the manufacturer. I told them to call the manufacturer and call me back... they didn't wanna do that . I am attaching a list of compatible phones but I can't guarantee anything will actually work. My BlackBerry has never worked with MyGig.I guess I need another phone... or another car .
* MyGig Maps. The maps were outdated when I bought the car. There are no updates at the Chrysler Parts Department. TheChrysler tech insisted map updatesare "downloaded from the satellite". I tried to explain bandwidth issues and the fact that the satellites are GPS satellites and not "Chrysler" satellites but he insisted that's where they came from. I bought my kid a Tom-Tom from Wal-Mart with updated maps. My neighbor's new car (not a MyGig) has updated maps. My eight-year old neighborhood? No where to be found on MyGig. I asked the 1-800 number.. they answered a bunch of questions I didn't ask. I re-asked the questions andtheypointed me to the User Website that shows how to use the radioand told me to talk to the Dealer
* MyGig Website. No web-site for maintenance issues, updates, lists of compatible phones, etc., aspromised in the Owner's manual.
* MyGig Updates. Chrysler Dealer Service department tech said, "If there was a software update, we'd know about it!" So I went to the office, went to the Dodge Forums site,downloaded the MyGig software update, burned it to a CD, and updated it myself. Big long download, easy update.
* "Compatible" Phones (Good Luck!) Blackberry 7290; Blackberry 7250; Blackberry 7520; Blackberry 8703e; HTC Tytn; LG VX-8500-Chocolate; LG VX 9400; LG VX 8100; LG VX 8300; LG VX 8600; Motorola RAZR V3; Motorola RAZR V3c; Motorola ROKR E6; Motorola Pebl V6; Motorola SLVR V7; Motorola L6; Motorola L2; Motorola V551; Motorola V557; Motorola V600; Motorola V710
Nokia 6102i; Nokia 6230; Nokia 6230i; Nokia 8801; Nokia N80; Nokia 6310i; Nokia Communicator; Nokia E61; Samsung A900; Samsung Blackjack SGH i607; Samsung SCH R510; Samsung SCH M510; Samsung SPH M300; Samsung SGH D407; Siemens S65-S66
Sanyo SCP 8400; Sanyo SCP 3200; SonyEricsson S700i/S710a; SonyEricsson Z520a; SonyEricsson T610; SonyEricsson T630-T637; SonyEricsson W600i; Palm Treo 700W Verizon; Palm Treo 700WX; Palm Treo 650

Still trying to sort it all out. I have stopped going to the Dealer. I won't call the 1-800 number.Loving the car; not liking the MyGig; hating Chrysler people... in a good way .From 23 years in the military, we learned that Bad News, unlike Fine Wine, does NOT get better with age! Tell people something's jacked up and, at least they will respect you! I am 44 years old, 3 kids, bought Chryslers all my life... Toyota's lookin' pretty good these days.
Mad Max - 29 May 2008

Old 08-23-2008, 04:01 PM

Had to take my 2008 Sebring Convertible into the dealer last night.... hard top was down and would not come up. Getting Covertible Top Malfunction on the display. Finally got it back today it ended up being a sensor on the trunk lid

Quick Reply: 2008 Hardtop Owner Report