Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

AC problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2011, 11:45 AM
Default AC problems

I have a 2002 Sebring . with a 2.7 the ac just quit as I was driving down the road. blower works fine on all speeds, I replaced the fuse for the clutch on the ac and still not ingaeing has good freon pressure just not sure where to go from here
thanks for all your help

Old 06-20-2011, 09:21 PM

There are a whole lot of things that must happen for the A/C to work. The internal pressure must not be too low or too high, the temperature must be warm enough, all the fuses and connections must be right, the clutch has to be functional, the manual controls must be set properly, the body computer controlling it must do its job. A breakdown anywhere in the chain means no A/C. Any sensor or wiring failure along the way can interrupt the process.
Check to see if you have power going to the clutch when it should be there. If so, your clutch may be the culprit. If not, then you'll need to try to figure out where the problem lies, bad sensor, bad wiring, bad computer or what.