Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

ANTIFREEZE LEAK HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2008, 10:24 PM
Default ANTIFREEZE LEAK HELP!!!

97 chrysler sebring ...need help !!!put new gasket and sealant on thermostat housing and still leaks out somewhere under neath the housing i dont know if its coming from there or somewhere else underneath of it ..it would be greatly appreciated if any help would be provided...

thanks

Old 07-02-2008, 11:29 AM
Default RE: ANTIFREEZE LEAK HELP!!!

If you have a 2.5Mitsubishiengine then it's pretty likelyleakingfrom a Metal tube that runs inside the V part of the v-6 engine, between the front of the engine (being the water pump/timing belt) .and the back of the engine(being the thermostat).There is an o ringabout 1.5 inchsize of on both ends of the tube that keep the collant from leaking into the V part of the engine.
Well the o-ring is likely leaking behind the thermostat. and leaks down between the tranny & the engine. and ends up on the ground.
If you find another way to fix the problem PLZreplay to this posting.
Mine leaks a little and i thought about using the stop leak goo but that stuff clogs your rad and heater core,,,& my heater core has issues giving heat affter -10 degrees F,,,i am cold

As far as i know you would need to remove the timing belt water pump and that is how the tube and Both o rings come out.

I have no clue about the 2.7 engine that is Chryslers engine. not sure if it has a tube or not.

Old 08-08-2008, 10:41 AM
Default RE: ANTIFREEZE LEAK HELP!!!

[:'(]I had the Same problem and what I found was the two freezeplugs under the bellhousing had rotted out. I had my mechanic fix it for around $500 and I haven't had a leak since. Try not to take it to a dealer, they will insist the whole engine needs to come out, which it doesn't!!!