Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

Antifreeze leak.

Old 07-24-2012, 11:59 AM
Question Antifreeze leak.

Hi to all, Im new here and I dont speak/write well in English, so pardon me my mistakes please.
I have a T&C 2009 and yesterday I smelled antifreeze and noticed some steam under the hood, I checked the engine compartment and found antifreeze over the drivers side of the engine over the battery try, and most parts there, I took out the plastic cover and saw the foam of it with a lot of antifreeze and pulls of antifreeze in the upper part of the engine, I didnt see any spray or leak at idle. The reservoir was almost empty.

Can you help me? where is the thermostat located?, where is the water pump located? Why is the antifreeze where I found it?

Thanks in advance.

BTW I dont know if here is the rigth place to post mi questions

Old 07-24-2012, 02:45 PM
Super Moderator

well here is the prob we face being online no one is next to u looking at this stuff so no one call inform u of what is leaking.

Old 07-25-2012, 04:53 AM

@ CHRYSLER TECH: did you read my email?

Old 07-25-2012, 08:03 AM
Super Moderator

yep and there is nothing I can do for u

Old 07-25-2012, 08:52 AM
Arrow

Originally Posted by CHRYSLER TECH
well here is the prob we face being online no one is next to u looking at this stuff so no one call inform u of what is leaking.
First of all thanks for your answer and I understand what you mean. But maybe could help me answering me the other questions (Im a DIY person):

Why is on the top of the engine and in the drivers side the leak? (the pulleys and belt its in the passenger side)
where is the water pump?
where is the thermostat?
Do you have any diagram with the route of the hoses?

Thanks again.
I hope somebody else will chime in here soon.

Old 07-25-2012, 12:10 PM
Super Moderator

buy a service manual it will have pictures of what U are asking for

Old 07-25-2012, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by CHRYSLER TECH
buy a service manual it will have pictures of what U are asking for
THANK YOU sir.

Old 08-01-2012, 12:12 PM
Question

Update: I found the leak, it its from a plastic "Y" that one rubber hose goes from the firewall to the "Y"; other rubber hose goes to a metal pipe that seems to go to the radiator and de front single part of the "Y" the short rubber hose goes to the left side of the engine. Im going to order that piece from the dealer, but my question now is:
The rubber hoses that atach to the "Y" has a special clamps, like wide rings or cilinders, with two holes in each opposite side, how can I take them out? Do I need a special tool to rotate them?, or the new "Y" come with the hoses and those clamps?

Thanks in advance.

Old 08-08-2012, 11:27 AM
Question

Originally Posted by RÖENTGEEP
Update: I found the leak, it its from a plastic "Y" that one rubber hose goes from the firewall to the "Y"; other rubber hose goes to a metal pipe that seems to go to the radiator and de front single part of the "Y" the short rubber hose goes to the left side of the engine. Im going to order that piece from the dealer, but my question now is:
The rubber hoses that atach to the "Y" has a special clamps, like wide rings or cilinders, with two holes in each opposite side, how can I take them out? Do I need a special tool to rotate them?, or the new "Y" come with the hoses and those clamps?

Thanks in advance.
Update: The plastic Y comes in one piece with the rubber hoses and metal pipes. I changed and went OK no more leak. BUT after finished the work I found a new coolant leak in the drivers side of the motor around the crank pulley, now I suppose it comes from the water pump (really I cant see because there are a big black steel piece there bolted to the side of the motor behind the crank pulley), Its a 4.0l motor, is it easy to change the water pump? Any other possibility for the origin of the leak there?

Please help me.

Thank you.