Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

AppCar DiagFCA program questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2023, 03:27 PM
Question AppCar DiagFCA program questions

I have a 2010 Sebring hardtop convertible. At the moment I have an airbag light on the dash (I've been told it's the clock spring) and the dash reports that the roof is not secured although it is definitely closed up.

I'd like to know if AppCar is worth the price of $65CAD. I have some questions that are not covered on the website or through the contact us email address.

- Will this program tell me why I have these two messages on my car?
- Will this program let me reset these messages to see if I have successfully corrected them? (I'm assuming that they don't clear on their own.)
- Will this program tell me the reason for the roof not being secured?
- If I sell my car, can I release the VIN from the AppCar program and set up another, or is one purchase for one car only? If I can't release the VIN, can I transfer the license to whomever buys the car?
- Will this program allow me to "break" my car by performing tests in the wrong order? Is there any warnings or protection from such an event happening? This has me nervous as I could see myself choosing the wrong option and trying to raise the roof without first lifting the trunk deck, for example.