Chrysler 200 & Sebring Whether it be the sedan, coupe, or convertible, this mid-sized model offers a touch of class to every style in it's lineup

brake problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2017, 09:56 AM

Lucass1428, did you every solve this? ABS bleed?

Old 06-22-2019, 11:46 AM
Default Same problem, fixed!

So I was having the same problem, brakes sank right to the floor, no pressure, no stopping. I replaced the master cylinder, didn't fix it. With the engine running and a second person in the driver's seat I hooked up a piece of aquarium hose to the bleeder on the brakes. Filled a cup with about an inch of brake
fluid. Put the end of the hose in the cup opened the bleeder and had the driver pump the brakes. Fluid came out on the push but sucked fluid in the hose on release. This is why one person cannot get the air out of the system. Eventually only fluid was going in and out then only out. Watch to zero air bubbles pass out of the hose. Keeping the hose in the cup, tighten the bleeder. Start this process on the furthest set of brakes from the master cylinder and work front. By the time you get to the last set of brakes you should have pressure. I personally repeated the process a second time, only because I like stopping. This fixed the problem for me. Hope it works for you.

Old 06-22-2019, 01:37 PM

The procedure you described is called "bleeding the brakes". You are pumping fluid plus air from the master cylinder through the brake lines to the wheel cylinders (or calipers) and out the bleed screw. If you keep the master cylinder full of fluid, you will push all the air out eventually. It's not certain to work on a car with ABS. If you let the fluid in the master cylinder get low, you'll have to start over.

Old 06-22-2019, 06:44 PM
Default Brake bleeding

Yes, I understand that's how to bleed the brakes, but I also have the ABS breaking system as well. The air was getting back into the system through the bleed screw. I've never had that happen to me before and I've done countless brake job on my own. This is the first car that I've done that sucked air about in. Sorry this didn't help you.

Old 08-05-2019, 12:39 PM

have him double check to make sure he does have all the pads in place in the calipers , if so,then there's loads of air in the system still